Hello beauties! :)
As you have seen lately my eye looks have become more vivid, long lasting and crease proof. You see just before I did my libra zodiac eye makeup look, I was thinking of getting a proper eye shadow primer. But suddenly I noticed few things lying in my vanity which were perfect for the recipe. So I came up with the homemade eyeshadow primer and let me tell you.. It just is the best I have used till date.
- Foundation or any makeup base which is water based. (Why? I’ll explain)
- Aloevera gel (It is my makeup primer. Makes my pores small, skin tighter and gives a great base)
- A good facial moisturiser
- Vitamin E capsule
- Compact powder
Why water based one? I wanted to make sure that the base was itself good to hold an eye shadow. When I experimented with my Lakme foundation and Lakme soufflé, the soufflé held it better and was softer yet controlled oil for loner time. Do the experiment yourself and then choose the base. If you have a makeup primer it is even better.
Homemade Eyeshadow Primer – Preparation:
- Take equal amounts of the makeup base and moisturizer in a clean bowl and blend well. The moisturizer should be hydrating.
- Now add 1/4th amount of aloe vera gel and beat it. This holds the base well and acts as an oil controller.
- Add one vitamin e capsule for making it skin friendly and a great hydrator if you have dry lids. Skip if you have too oily lids.
- Scrape compact powder to half the amount of the mixture you have in the previous step. Blend everything well to avoid clumps. This will act like a concealer and provide a smooth base for the shadow.
- Store it in an air tight container.
- Tada you are done.
This primer prevented my shadows from creasing and practically no fall out. Even the cheapest eye shadows I came up with worked effortlessly. The primer like latches on to the shadow and does not allow it fall at all. And blending it like as good as a painting. I even use this even if I am wearing just a pencil or liner on my lid. it makes them look even better.
The eye looks here are of the Libra look. I made one before using this and the one published was after using the shadow. See for yourself the difference. I used exactly the same shadows. When used without the primer see how only the tint was left. But when used with primer, the shimmer, color and sheen is so beautiful and vivid.
I personally think this is the best homemade eyeshadow primer out there. Do try ladies! :)