My name is Amoolya. I am doing a course namely Actuarial Sciences (not a problem if you never heard of it, most people never know what it is). This is my first contribution to MABH. I have never written any articles before and would like to be a part of MABH family soon with the support. I was never beauty conscious till I shifted to Mumbai 😛 I never cared about shopping I was the laziest person I know! And became a shopaholic after coming to Delhi. I am a fan of lip balms OMG I would say an obsession! Nail polish is my other obsession after lip balms, keep watching for my posts.
Everyone knows the goodness of coconut oil and aloe vera gel. I can’t pass a day without these two things. Here is a DIY beauty recipe that contains these two products only. I became a fan of aloe vera gel, after my first purchase of aloe vera gel from Tropical spice plantation, Goa. It was a miracle product, of course no other product worked so well for me. You will need coconut oil and aloe vera gel. I am using Patanjali coconut oil (due to extreme cold in Delhi my oil has solidified) and Nature’s Essesnce aloe vera gel.
How to Make Coconut Aloe Cream?:
Step 1: Take a container with wide mouth and put equal amounts of both the ingredients. Use your finger to mix them up for around a minute. I usually make in very little amounts as you can make it easily and whenever you want.
Step 2: I always use my finger to mix the ingredients as it gives smooth output. It will have a gel like consistency. You can add more coconut oil if you want it to be a bit runny but make sure you don’t end up using a lot of oil as it gives greasy look on application don’t forget its oil anyway.
Step 3: The finish product should look something like, if you end up applying more gel just take some cotton or a cloth and wipe off the excess. You will need a very little amount on every application. So, a small amount lasts really long.
Step 4: As coconut oil and aloe vera has properties like reducing wrinkles and pigmentation over time, it works well as a night cream.
Things to Remember:
- This homemade gel moisturizer can also be used as your foot cream overnight. Its gives pretty smooth feet in 3 to 4 days.
- You can also add vitamin E capsules to make the gel more moisturizing (If you are planning to put more oil).
- Aloe vera is an excellent moisturizer and it does evens out the skin tone with regular usage.
- The gel from the aloe vera plant, when used fresh on the skin improves the softness of your skin naturally.
- Store bought aloe gels can be used to prepare this DIY but make sure they aren’t colorant added or scented as they may cause an allergic reaction.
- Some people are allergic to aloe vera. They should avoid using this recipe.
- Make sure the aloe gel you use is newly manufactored and store this DIY gel in refrigerator if prepared excessively.
- Not only for hair, coconut oil conditions your skin too. It moisturizers the layers of skin and makes it young and beautiful.
- Do not use coconut oil meant for hair in this recipe. Herbal coconut hair oils should be avoided. Use fresh coconut oil from mill or try virgin coconut oil.
- Smell might be a little problem but only stays for some time.
This aloe coconut moisturizer is free from chemicals but still works great on dry skin 🙂 Everyone must try it! Do try and let me know how it turned out.