I have heard a lot about Lush chocolate lip scrub but as it is very expensive I did not buy it. Instead I made my own lips scrub using chocolate. Doesn’t it sound yummy? Today I am going to share my secret recipe with you all. Check out this DIY recipe and try it yourself.
- 2 pieces of chocolate (I am using dairy milk here) :P
- A tea spoon of coconut oil or sweet almond oil
- A tea spoon coffee powder
- A tea spoon sugar
- A ladle
Chocolate Skin Benefits:
- It has powerful anti-oxidant properties and is considered to be a health food.
- Chocolate has skin softening properties, probably as it contains cocoa butter.
- It is used to smooth out wrinkles due to the anti-oxidant properties.
- The anti-oxidant properties prevent the free radicals from causing damage to the skin’s elastin, other protein and collagen.
- It has a nourishing effect on the skin.
- One can exfoliate the dead skin cells and regenerate news ones with chocolate.
- Hydration of the skin is possible.
- Chocolate is a good moisturizer.
- It rejuvenates the skin.
Coconut Oil Skin Benefits:
- Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin.
- It adds glow to the skin.
- It improves the skin texture
- Coconut oil helps healing sun burn
Coffee Skin Benefits:
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants
- It works great as exfoliator
- It helps removing the dead skin cells
Sugar Skin Benefits:
- Sugar has alpha hydroxyl acid which is great for dead cell removing.
- It does not clog pores.
- Sugar helps in eliminating blemishes.
- Sugar restores skin’s moisture balance.
1. Take 2 chocolate pieces in a ladle.
2. Add coconut oil to the chocolate and heat the mixture.
3. Mix chocolate and coconut oil together.
4. When it starts melting add the coffee powder and sugar. Heat this mixture for another 3-4 minutes.
5. Your at home coffee lip exfoliating scrub is all ready to use now!
How to Use?:
1. Cool down the heated mixture and apply it over your clean lips.
2. Leave it on for 5 minutes and scrub gently with finger lips.
3. Wash away with cold clean water and put on a lip balm.
If you follow this process regularly, I mean twice in a weak you could definitely feel the change in one month. Your lips will become smooth, soft and it will also reduce pigmentation on lips.