How about having a rich aromatic coffee body scrub done every weekend by yourself? Come let us discover how to prepare this yummy recipe with your kitchen ingredients. The wonder of this coffee scrub is that you don’t even need your moisturizer after scrubbing but still have a moisturized, baby soft skin. Interesting? Check the recipe below and have fun with moisturizing coffee scrub to have a beautiful soft skin!
- A cup of coffee beans
- A cup of sugar
- A cup of creamy yogurt
- 5-10 drops of olive oil
- A scoop of milk cream (Optional)
1. Fry the coffee beans in a plain heated pan (in low flame ofcourse) and powder them coarsely. Remember, the powder shouldn’t be very fine as it wouldn’t help much with scrubbing. Instead of preparing your own coffee powder, you can also get a ready made pack from the store but the reason I asked you to grind it yourself is, we only need a ‘coarse’ powder for this scrubbing purpose. Most of the coffee powders available in stores are fine and smooth so better spare some time to fry and grind the coffee beans at home itself.
2. Mix the sugar, yogurt and olive oil to the coarse coffee powder and blend well. If you have extremely dry skin then add a scoop of milk cream to this mixture.
3. All you will get now is a yummy smelling, coco-colored paste. If the mixture is extremely thick, then add a little more yogurt and make it a normal-thick coarse paste. Your yummy sweet coffee body scrub is all ready to use now!
How to Use?:
- Dip a cotton pad in water and wet your body skin by wiping it with this wet cotton. This process helps with better scrub application.
- Now take the coffee scrub bowl and apply the coffee scrub all over your body skin.
- Start scrubbing your body skin gently. Be gentle on the sensitive skin areas and give some more pressure on the harder and rougher parts of the body such as knees, elbows and feet. This process helps removing the hard skin and dead cells from these parts.
- After scrubbing for 10-15 minutes, close your eyes and relax. Let the aromatic moisturizing ingredients penetrate on your skin.
- Later, wash your body skin with plenty of cold and clean water or take a shower.
- Your luxurious coffee scrubbing process is finally done! All you see now is your refreshed, soft and silky smooth body skin. If followed every week, this body scrub will improve the skin complexion, removes uneven tone and removes sun tan naturally.
Note: You can also add few drops of your favorite essential oil to this recipe for an extra aroma.
Do you use Coffee in your DIY Skincare Recipes?
Image source: Google images