When you do something that enlivens you from within, you tend to spend a lot of time for it! (Without getting bored or feeling jaded) That’s how it felt when I first started the hair growth challenge on October! To add joy to it, few other blogger friends of mine joined hands with me and now we are a team! We do updates every month, post the pictures of our hair and what not..
So let me share my October-November months’ progress with you all today. This post nearly a month late. I know, a LATE post! Do apologize me please! I had to move into a new place and that took a hell lot of time for me to settle. I still haven’t organized my room properly. I will make sure to put up future updates in time!
Things I Followed:
- I oiled my hair twice a week one hour before the hair wash. (And that’s how my hair turned more darker and shinier!)
- I tried and slept early as possible at nights. This helped my health. And my hair did shed less on the weeks I had a good sleeping routine.
- The water! My goodness! I finally settled in a place where the water isn’t salty. Now the sea is a bit away from us. I can already feel the change in my hair’s texture. It is much better now. You can refer the pic below.
- I consumed tons of protein (literally) last month! I ate lots and lots of chicken, eggs and dal. Surprisingly the heat didn’t cause any breakouts on my face.
- I avoided tangles in my hair as much as possible. Tangles are the source of breakage! They make your hair break thus resulting in hair thinning. I detangled my hair and then tied it up in loose braids before I went to sleep every night.
- I did not even once expose my hair or scalp to the harsh sunlight. My roots didn’t get weak due to the UV rays.
Things I failed to follow:
- Okay. This will be a bit disappointing if you’ve been constantly following my updates. I didn’t pop the biotin pill EVEN once. I know this sounds negligent but unfortunately, I was really REALLY caught up with so much of shifting works and hence I didn’t have the time to buy or consume biotin. But I am definitely buying few strips today that I’ll be taking in coming days.
- I didn’t put a hair mask on my hair for the last 30 days. Rose coconut spa and hot oil massage are my two best-loved DIY treatments. I hope I’ll follow the regularly, at least hereafter.
Though I don’t have the photos of progress to show you, October & November have been lucky months for my hair. In spite of the weather issues and heavy shed, my hair managed to grow few cm which is not bad. People say the growth is visible; though I am not sure. But I am sure about the texture part. My hair has been receiving a lot of care for the last few weeks days (challenge effect) and hence it looks more healthy now. Hope it continues! Stay tuned for the next update. Did I tell you I am doing a length check on December??!
P.S: Don’t forget to check the October month’s participants HERE. I am soon doing a compilation on their month 1 updates. Keep checking the space!