I have recently started following this blog and it has become the land of fairy tales for me. I visit this site more than I do Facebook these days. I have learnt so much from all the posts here, I thought I should share something that will help many.
I am an oily skinned girl. I think God collected stuffs to create an oil mine and then mistakenly created me. well; I think it is same for many of you staying in India. And finding a make up product that suits this kind of skin is a big tiresome job. I kept searching for foundations and compacts that will keep the oil at bay or at least won’t let the oil ruin the make-up. After years of failed experiments and searches I came across this marvelous way of using this marvelous product that helps me to maintain a non-so-oily-yet-beautiful avatar.
Price : Rs. 1000 for 25 g
Why I chose this product: I came to know about this product from a friend of mine, who is into modeling and uses it regularly as a concealer cum foundation. I was impressed to know that it is available in so many shades unlike Lakme or Maybelline (I have dark-skin tone and that makes my product search tougher). It helps to hide spots which is important for pimple prone oily skins and lasts long.
Well, this is the best foundation come concealer I have found till date. It hides all your flaws and makes your skin glow. It never for once feels dry or oily. It never gets cakey and your skin will not feel clogged for once. It looks and feels as if your skin has become beautiful like that naturally and you have not applied anything. And though the price is a little high, both the quality and quantity of the product compensates for that. Even if you use it every day, it will last for a year or even more. With an expiry date four years away from the date of manufacture, you can buy it once and stay happy for many many days. As the application of this product matters the most I have shared that as well.
Swatches: (Before & After)
Steps to Apply:
1. Washing face well. This is very important as the product won’t blend well on a dirty skin. Use a good cleanser and scrubber for the best result.
2. Applying moisturizer : Well, if you are blessed (or cursed) with a skin like me, you can avoid this step. I generally use Cetaphill Cleansing Lotion to wash the face. It does not make my face dry and I do not use a moisturizer. But if you think it’s must go for a alovera gel one.
3. Put the product on your face. I rub the skin on my face, a little here and a little there and have a little of it all over.
4. Next comes the tricky part. Apply a little translucent powder on your face. Lakme rose powder is a good option. But I use Ponds sandal radiance talc (as it has a yellow undertone) and it works perfectly.
5. Now wet a sponge and blend the product very well. You will see the spots getting concealed and the face glowing bright. You can apply and blend a little more of the products on spots you think need more care.
6. You may apply a little gel based sunscreen on it if its day time. But do it after the product dries well on your skin.
7. Apply a compact. Pressed powder compacts work the best on this product for oily skin.
8. Nothing to worry about for the next 5-6 hours. Go out and conquer the world. Touch up with the compact when you think you need to (I do it after 4 hours if I am out on a hot sunny day).
On my face – 3 hours after applying it (without touch-ups)
- Complete coverage
- Lasts long once applied
- Large amount in one stick
- Variety in shades (this is important for Indians with so much variety in skin colour)
- Well, I cannot think of anything for now.
Rating : 6/5 (one marks extra for being better than I expected)
This is a must buy for girls of every age, every skin tone and every skin type. You won’t regret buying it.