Hello beautiful readers!
Winters are here, and I simply love this weather! Overcoats, boots, sweaters, cardigans, sweatshirts, hoodies gloves, I just simply love them all. But with this season comes dry and itchy skin, chapped lips, dry scalp, but this season deserves a warm welcome rather than wry smiles. So, here I am jotting some little points to keep in mind and make this season a pleasant one.
With such excess usage of oils, creams and lotions the skin tends to absorb more of pollution and dust. Keep cleaning your face with wipes or with water; Johnson baby wipes are a good option! Or opt for very soft milk cleansers, Lakme gentle cleanser or Ayur Cleanser, I have been using Ayur and I’m pretty satisfied with it. Also very soft toners you can opt, Clinique being my personal fav 🙂 You can opt for oils to clean eyes and lips, they will moisturize and cleanse them. Opt for mild face washes such as Himalaya Neem face wash, Ponds white beauty face wash etc.
With? ~ A good moisturizer should have SPF and should be able to moisturize your body and should prevent itching and dryness of skin. Some good moisturizers to be considered (moderate range) Nivea body lotion, Ponds body lotion, Vaseline body lotion, (I’m currently using Cocoa Butter and trust me it is good) Parachute body lotion, TBS Body butters etc
When? ~ Immediately after bathing (because your skin is actually hungry at this time) and before going to bed. Also slack a generous layer of Parachute coconut oil or olive oil before stepping in for shower! It will avoid any moisture loss, skin will be supple, soft and you keep you warm.
Examples: I have a huge brigade – From Ponds to TBS, Revlon, Ayur and I have more, in handbag and some on bedside table. Personal favourite – Johnsons baby cream 😀 😀
- A hand and nail cream is super must! Keep moisturizing you hand, also add funky and warm gloves to your attire this way your hands will stay protected and moisturized.
- Carry a good lip balm (The Body Shop/Lotus/the good old petroleum jelly)
- Dab a little of baby oil or coconut oil on your lips before going to sleep it will do wonders overnight.
- A special attention should be given to hands as they tend to get dry fast comparatively than any other part of body.
- Also all this while don’t forget your legs, before going to sleep apply lotion on your legs and apply heel cream if you have crack heel problem.
Oil hair twice a week:
- If they are itchy and is prone to dandruff (try the Himalaya hair cream or yogurt and lemon paste on scalp), once in a week.
- Go for mild shampoos and gentle conditioners (TBS Rainforest Shampoo and Conditioners, Tressme, or Pantene)
- Hair does need special attention, if time is not permitting you for a spa, do one at home. After oiling and shampooing, slack your hairs with a good conditioner (Dove.. I love it) and wear a shower cap, leave it for 7-10 mins.
- Try and keep them covered, make buns or wrap scarves, this will avoid split ends.
I hope these little bit of notes would help you in having a pleasant season! 🙂 Love and Wishes!