We all know that neem is an excellent natural remedy for pimples and blemishes. I have been using neem to cure my acne for ages and it gives me out great results every time. Unlike the other acne clearing products and chemicals, neem cures pimple and acne breakouts like a magic, in a very natural way. I used to gather some neem leaves and paste them to use as a DIY acne clearing face pack before I was introduced to ready made packs. Last month, I saw a television ad about this Purifying Neem Face Wash from Himalaya Herbals which claims to prevents pimples. Hence I quickly picked this as I wanted to try this face wash due to the neem and turmeric ingredients which are very natural and skin friendly. Another reason why I wanted to try this is that I get cold If I paste neem leaves and use as my face pack in this winter as neem has cooling properties. Let me share my detailed review on Himalaya Herbals neem face wash now.
- Soap-free herbal formula gently removes impurities and prevents pimples
- Contains neem, which has antibacterial properties helps in controlling acne and pimples.
- Turmeric effectively eliminates acne-causing bacteria.
- (Neem, Nimba) well known for its anti-bacterial property that kills problem causing bacteria.
- (Turmeric, Haridra), Effectively controls acne and pimples.
Moisten face, apply required quantity of Purifying Neem Face Wash and gently work up lather with circular motion. Wash off with clean water and pat dry. Use twice daily.
Price and Quantity:
Available in 15ml, 75ml and 200ml packs but I picked the 15ml trial pack to try it :) It costs only Rs.15
My Experience with Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash
Packaging: The face wash comes is packed in a transparent tube with a small green screw cap. The bigger packs come with a flip type one which is a bit flimsy :( Once I travelled with this and ended up in getting face wash all over my hand bag.
- Read: Himalaya Herbals Hydrating Face Wash Cream Review
Colour, Consistency and Fragrance: It has a gel like translucent consistency which is light green in color and has a light herbal smell. The fragrance is not sweet or fruity but I loved the mild natural herbal smell which doesn’t bother me at all.
How it works: I started using this face wash 2 weeks back and since then, I did not experience any acne breakouts at all. It really vanished my pimples up to a great extent and prevented them from coming back. This face wash definitely doesn’t produce rich creamy lather, but a small quantity was enough to wash my face and neck. My normal-oily skin did not feel any stretchy or tight after washing my face. It made my skin instantly clean, clear and soft without stripping the natural moisture. Even though it doesn’t dry out my normal-oily skin, I won’t recommend this face wash for dry skinned people. This will suit the ones who have normal, oily and acne prone skin in all the seasons well. Overall, I love this face wash for the price, the neem ingredients and the results it give out :) I recommended this face wash to my mom and she loves it too.
- Affordable, worth buying and easily available everywhere.
- This face wash comes in a transparent tube, so that it would be easy to find out how much is left in the tube.
Even though the smell is not sweet, it has a natural herbal flavor which made me feel like I am not using any harsh chemical over my skin :
- Prevents pimples and cures acne breakouts within few days of usage.
- No side effects; save to use even on sensitive skin types
It doesn’t dry out my normal-oily skin at all.
- It faded out the acne scars and also cleared my blackheads to an extent with regular use.
- The flip cap is flimsy and thus the product is not travel friendly
- I have read different reviews on this face wash. It works for some and doesn’t work for others.
- Not for the dry skinned beauties out there
Makeup and Beauty Home Rating: 4/5
Recommendation: Using neem for pimples has been in practice since ages among Indian women. This face wash which contains neem really helped in clearing out my pimples up to a good extent and hence, I highly recommend this product.
Would I Repurchase?: Why not? I will :)