Hello Lovely Ladies!!!
I am going to review Forest Essentials Eye Cream today. I have used many eye creams in the past from many brands such as Aroma Magic, Oriflame, Biotique, Himalaya, Clinique etc. On account of my experience with eye creams, I think I can pass judgement on the effectiveness of an eye cream. Coming back to the product, this eye cream promises to combat fine lines around eyes and tone up under eye area. It also claims to reduce eye puffiness and dark circles.
Price & Quantity:
15 gm pack of this eye cream is priced at Rs. 1175
My experience with the product:
The packaging is no doubt very beautiful. It comes in a Forest Essentials signature packaging ‘the hard case’ and then inside you find a glass pot. The pot has a secure lid to avoid product wastage.
The texture of the product is very smooth and light still quite moisturising. How do they do it? There is not much of a smell in the product. You really have to sniff the pot to smell it, that would be really faint medicinal but pleasant smell. It gets easily absorbed, without leaving any oiliness behind.
I have deep set eyes, very prone to dark circles. Additional responsibility of making dark circles permanent, is handled by my job, which involves 9-10 hours of sitting in front of computer and I get a perfect set of raccoon eyes. Not just dark circles but I have also developed some fine lines beneath my eyes from about a year. Since the starting of winters I used to feel quite stretchy feeling around my eyes which could not be subsided using moisturiser. Heavy moisturizer would give an oily/shiny look to my eyes and oil free was not of much help. Plus I was looking for something natural since my eye area is already so damaged.
I thought of trying out the this cream. I have been using it from about a month now, and I can say the stretchy feeling around my eyes has vanished. My under eye area appears to be little bit firm and brighter. I have been using this cream twice a day from a month now. In case I forget/skip using it for a day or two, the effect is lost. The story of my life. You have to keep using the product continuously to maintain the effect. But I think that goes true for every commercial product available. May be in long term the effect will be somewhat permanent. Also not to forget mentioning it never gave me any kind of allergy or irritation. Overall I am happy with the product and I don’t think I am going to switch over to some other eye cream easily.
- Most of the ingredients are natural and the eye cream is devoid of parabens.
- The texture of the cream is very light, non sticky, yet moisturizing.
- It makes the eye area quite smooth and brighter with use.
- Results starts to show early.
- Does not give oily/shiny look to under eye area.
- Prepares the under eye area for makeup.
- Small amount of product is required to be used
- Very pricey for 15gm. But even this quantity lasts quite long since you require quite small quantity of the product.
- You have to stay consistent using the product if you have chronic dark circles/fine lines around your eyes. Its actually an advice.
- Tub packaging is always unhygienic for creams, since you are supposed to dip your fingers into the product. Better use some spatula.
- Though the pot is small to carry in your purse/during travel, its vulnerable to breakage since its glass after all. I actually dropped the very first pot I bought while opening it. And it broke in pieces. Imagine my horror.
Since its a natural product and results are good, I am going to stick to it. I hope I just don’t get bored of using it, since I am quite vulnerable to monotonous boredom. Hope you enjoyed my very first review on MABH. 🙂