Chamomile is one of the greatest natural skin lightening ingredients which has been used in the preparation of skin lightening cosmetics for ages. I love chamomile flowers so much for their alluring beauty, fragrance and of course the skin benefits. Not just for the lightening results, chamomile has also been used to cure acne, rashes and redness on skin. While there are many whitening products available in the market, a homemade facial serum would help you in a natural way to achieve that lighter, spot free skin with fewer weeks of usage.
Of course, the results would not be dramatic, but chamomile extracts when combined with honey works effectively in lightening your skin tone. We are going to check a simple and natural skin lightening facial serum recipe with chamomile and honey below.
- 5-6 crushed chamomile flowers
- ½ cup of distilled water
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Few drops of lemon juice (Optional)
How to Make?:
1. Take a sauce pan and fill it up with the distilled water. Bring it to a boil.
2. After the water boils, put in the crushed chamomile flowers and simmer the stove. Leave on for 5 minutes to let the water collect the chamomile extracts.
3. Now strain the chamomile extracts and also squeeze the flowers to get the extracts from them.
4. Add this fresh chamomile liquid extract to a small bowl and add honey, lemon juice to it. Blend well.
Your own homemade chamomile skin lightening facial serum is ready to use now! You can store this serum in refrigerator for 3-4 days but not more than that. The fresher the serum, the better it works.
How to Use?:
- Cleanse your face with lots of fresh water and a gentle facial cleanser or just swipe your facial skin with clean cotton pad dipped in cleansing milk.
- With the use of your face pack brush or your clean finger tips, smooth this serum over your facial skin in upward direction. Make sure to cover the entire area of your facial skin without leaving any part.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes and wash off with clean cold water.
- Pat dry and moisturize your skin. Use this serum every other day to achieve visible skin lightening results fast.
Chamomile Flower – Skin Benefits:
- Chamomile flower contains anti inflammatory properties that calms down and relaxes the skin.
- It also contains anti oxidants such as flavonoids which are essential for the health of the skin
- Acne, rashes and redness can be well treated with chamomile flower extracts.
- The essential oil of chamomile has been used in cosmetic preparation for centuries due to its goodness on skin.
- Chamomile cures sun burnt skin in a natural way
- Chamomile prevents and controls bacterial infections on skin.
P.S: Oops! Don’t think that I missed my last board exam! I didn’t 😛 I would have been writing my exam by this time when this post get published. I have just scheduled it! Miss ya all! I’ll be back to you by today evening. Babye!