Things you will need:
- Shikakai – 1/2 kg
- Fenugreek – 1/4 kg
- Greem Gram – 1/4 kg
- Curry Leaves – 1 bunch
- Tulsi Leaves – 1 bunch
- Reetha – 100gm
Ingredient Benefits on Hair
- Contains abundant amounts of Vitamin C and D which are essential for good hair health.
- Provides enough nourishment to the hair follicles with its micro nutrients.
- Doesn’t strip of the natural oils from hair.
- Contains nicotinic acid and proteins to nourish hair roots.
- Replenishes dry and damaged hair to add the bounce.
- Replaces the store bought hair conditioners.
Green Gram [Mung Bean]
- Rich in B vitamins and Proteins. Nourishes damages hair and prevents split ends.
- Cleanses scalp gently without stripping off excess moisture and promotes hair growth.
- Adds a natural shine to hair and prevent tangles.
- Controls and cures premature gray hairs.
Tulsi Leaves [Basil]
- Cools down the body to prevent hair fall due to heat.
- Helps in removing dandruff and lice.
- Reduces hair fall and thickens the hair.
Reetha [Soap Nut]
- Provides the lathering effect and cleanses out excess oil.
- Removes dirt and other impurities from the scalp well.
Optional ingredients such as rose petal powder and hibiscus flower petal powder can be added for a pleasing fragrance and lustrous shiny hair. Share your views about this shikakai powder recipe and let us know if you have any experience or idea about this. In case of doubts on preparation, do drop a comment!