This is my first ever post for MABH and I can’t thank Lancy enough for giving me this opportunity to write for this wonderful blog. Today I am going to share an easy to make ‘DIY’ face pack that has helped me big time to overcome my dry skin issues during winter! The main ingredient of this face pack is marigold flower, commonly known as Genda Flower.
Few weeks ago I suddenly came across an article about marigold flower and its benefits for skin care on a beauty magazine. And I was completely taken by surprise knowing that marigold flower does a world of good for our skin. Honestly, I was not aware about all these amazing qualities of marigold flowers which we get plenty of all year around especially during winter!
Let’s take a quick look on the benefits of marigold flower regarding skin problems:
- Marigold helps to treat eczema, scars, cracked skin, acne, rashes etc.
- Marigold is high on the pigment lutein, which prevents eye diseases.
- Marigold is an excellent astringent.
- It also prevents wrinkles and very soothing to treat sun damaged skin.
After reading such numerous skin benefits of our very own marigold flower, I immediately decided to incorporate it in my skin care regime! After a little bit thinking, I planned to make a face pack using marigold and some other ingredients (which are very easily available in every household) to deal with my dry, sensitive and acne prone skin. And let me just tell you, it worked wonders for my skin!
- Marigold flower (one or two)
- Honey (1 tsp)
- Sandalwood powder (half tsp)
- Milk (one tbsp)
- Gram flour (half tsp)
- Olive oil
- Rose water
1. At first, take out the petals from the marigold flower. Depending on the size of the flower, you can use one or a couple of flowers.
2. Then crush them until they form a smooth paste.
3. Strain the paste or simply keep on pressing it until all the water comes out.
4. On a separate bowl, take gram flour and add olive a few drops of olive oil to make it a nice smooth paste.
5. Next, add sandalwood powder, honey and milk to the gram flour paste and mix it nicely.
6. Add the marigold paste to it. Add a few drops of rose water and mix it until you get the desired consistency. If the pack feels too thick at this stage, add some more milk.
7. Apply it all over your face avoiding the eye contour area and your lips.
8. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wipe it off with a wet towel. Lastly wash your face with plain water and that’s it, you are done!
Benefits of the ingredients:
Marigold: Marigold is an amazing ingredient which does wonders to the skin. It is high in anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties as well as an effective astringent. Marigold heals rashes, sun-burns, acne, eczema and other skin issues. It prevents wrinkles. It clears blemishes and imparts a natural glow to the skin.
Honey: Honey is an excellent anti aging agent as well as a great moisturizer. It is loaded with natural anti oxidants that have anti microbial properties. They protect the skin from the harmful UV rays and helps skin rejuvenating. Honey is also known to have the ability to absorb and retain moisturizer, which in turn, keeps the skin well hydrated, soft and fresh.
Sandalwood powder: Sandalwood is an anti-biotic element that helps to make skin free from virus and bacteria. Sandalwood is well known for its healing properties. It fights against pimples and acne & acts as a natural astringent.
Milk: Milk is a well known beauty aid. Queen of Egypt, Cleopatra’s secret behind smooth skin and beauty, was milk. Milk helps to improve complexion. Milk’s anti-oxidant properties help to fight the free radicals and environment toxins. Milk contains lactic acid, which is very effective in removing dead skin cells and also promotes cell renewal process. Milk is rich in amino acids, which is great for skin’s water retention and deeper penetration of moisturizer into the skin. In this face pack, we got honey. And milk combined with honey does wonders to give a radiant skin.
Gram flour: Gram flour is known to be very effective in deep cleansing and exfoliating the skin. Gram flour removes tan and helps towards skin lightening process. Gram flour also is helpful to achieve a radiant skin.
Olive oil: Olive oil comes loaded with vitamins, minerals and natural fatty acids. It prevents skin aging, wrinkles and fine lines. It is a great moisturizer for dry skin which nourishes and rejuvenates the skin big time.
Rose water: Rose water is an amazing ingredient when it comes to skin care. It helps maintaining skin’s ph balance and fights against acne and other skin rashes. Rose water hydrate, revitalize, moisturize the skin. The anti oxidant properties of rose water helps to strengthen skin cells and works towards cell renewal process.
Points to remember:
– Before applying the face pack, clean your face thoroughly to remove all the make up residue, oil and dirt.
– Although this face pack is especially for dry skin, but oily skin beauties can also try it out. Just substitute milk with curd and skip olive oil.
– If you are allergic to any ingredient, just skip that!
I have been using this face pack twice a week since past couple of months. This pack definitely helped me to deal with my break outs and the dry patches on my cheeks! My skin feels a lot smoother and softer. Even during winter, this face pack helped me to keep my skin’s dryness and acne issues at bay.
My skin texture has improved and looks a lot more glowing now. This face pack is extremely easy to make and consists of ingredients that are loaded with natural goodness for skin. Moreover, these ingredients are commonly available at every household. The face pack looks dark yellow in color, but surprisingly it does not leave behind any yellow stain on the face post washing. If you have dry skin and suffering from break out issues, do give this face pack a try and I am sure you will get great results!