Good day people!
Nivea has recently launched a new lip care range consisting of 6 different flavored fruity shine lip balms! Today, I’ll be sharing my first impressions on them.
Price : Rs.135 for 4.8 g (each)
My First Impressions:
The lip balms come in a sturdy plastic tube with color coded caps. It has a twist up-bottom and the balm fits just right inside the tub hence it doesn’t get damaged or broken while shutting the cap (It happens a lot with my Maybelline electro pop lip balms where the balm stick outs!) I find the packaging neat and sturdy! The cap indicates the variant/color of the balms and hence, it becomes easy to pick one when you own more than one from the same range!
Note: I haven’t yet started using the balms! I am sharing below how they look on the tube. Don’t mistake them for the pigmentation on the lips. For details on pigmentation and longevity, kindly wait for the reviews. Another thing – the balms contain minute shimmer; I am not sure if they will be visible on application!
1. Strawberry : A bright tomato red shade which smells like strawberry candy! It reminds me so much of a strawberry lollipop that I used to eat when I was in my school.
2. Peach : A light peach colored balm with hints of coral! A very unique shade from this range. I am not sure how it smells however it is extremely fruity (not the artificial kinds!)
3. Cherry : A rich intense plum shade that looks well pigmented on the tube! It smells mildly like cherries; not as strong as the strawberry variant.
4. Pink Guava : Reddish pink is how it looks on the tube! Pink Guava has a unique fragrance that is fruity with notes of guava extracts!
5. Watermelon : A muted cool toned pink with real water melon fragrance! The VERY good part about these balms is that they really smell like fruits!
6. Pomegranate : The shade looks deeper than cherry on the tube! The fragrance is fruity again with subtle notes of pomegranate!
I just swatched the shades on my wrist (I shall share the swatches on another post!) and they look juicy! Though not highly pigmented, they are just apt for everyday wear. Few look more pigmented when compared to the others. I appreciate Nivea for concentrating on the fragrance part too than just the ‘colors’. Each variant has its own smell and I’ll talk more about it on the reviews!
Overall, I am impressed with the range! They smell divine and I am looking forward use them in upcoming days!
P.S: There is no such thing called too-many-lip-balms. Agree?