This is my first ever DIY post and I am super excited to share this simple yet effective hair spa recipe with you all. Few months ago, I went to a beauty-parlour for a haircut. At that time, I was suffering from huge hair loss issue and my hair was losing its shine and smoothness! My job doesn’t allow me enough time to take proper care of my hair, so I was forced to cut my hair short. And the hair dresser girl was constantly telling me about my hair loss (Urgh!!!!! Stop rubbing salt onto my wound please!!) Once my hair was done, she suggested me to visit the parlour once in 15 days for hair spa to control my hair fall. But it wasn’t really easy for me since I get only one weekly off and I feel super lazy to go out anywhere on that day!!
But I had to do something for my hair loss problem. This was the time when my aunt came out to rescue me (When you’re in trouble, you can always depend on your family). She suggested me to opt for a homemade hair spa. For last couple of months I have been using this recipe (I added a few elements of my own to my aunt’s recipe) and it is working!! My hair fall has reduced to a great extent and hair got soft, smooth and shiny like never before. Right now, my hair is little longer than shoulder length and slightly wavy. So here’s my super easy hair spa recipe. :)
Mix two and half tsp of each coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil & sunflower seed oil (I use my Matrix Biolage hair oil that contains sunflower seed oil) in a bowl. Heat the oil mixture a little and massage it gently using your fingertips onto your scalp for about 15-20 minutes.
Now heat some water. Soak a towel in the warm water & squeeze it thoroughly to remove the excess water (take care of your hands though). Then cover your oiled hair with this towel. Leave the towel for about 20-25 minutes.
Wash your hair with a mild herbal shampoo and follow it up with your regular conditioner. Now pat dry your hair with a towel and comb it to remove all the tangles (tangles are unlikely since you will be applying conditioner, but still, if there’s any).
Now it is time to apply a hair mask. Don’t worry. You can easily make it at home with some very, very common ingredients. Take one egg and beat it thoroughly in a bowl (depending on your hair length, you might need one more). Next mix 2 tsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp of olive oil and 3 tsp of honey in a separate bowl. Pour the mixture onto the beaten egg and mix it nicely. Your hair mask is ready! Apply the mask on your hair and scalp with your fingertips. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it for one hour.
Rinse off with a mild herbal shampoo and you are done!! Don’t need to apply conditioner this time. Make sure you wash your hair with cold water, otherwise the egg might get cooked on your head. hahah :D
Points to remember:
- While mixing the oils in step 1, if you don’t have sunflower seed oil handy, you can skip that. Also, if you want, you can add castor oil and sesame oil (both of them works great to stimulate hair growth) to the mixture.
- If you have oily scalp/hair, you can skip the entire oil massage part.
- Now coming to the hair mask part, I was originally told to apply only the egg yolk, but I opted for the entire egg any way. If you wish, you can apply only the yolk (for dry and normal hair) or only the egg white (for oily hair).
- Make sure you mix the honey, olive oil & coconut oil in a separate bowl and then add it to the beaten egg, because if you directly add the honey and the oils to the egg and try to mix it up, then it might form a few lumps.
- For the 1st month I did it once every week, now I apply it once in every 15 days.
- It would be great if you can get someone who can help you out with the massage part (I have my little sister who does it for me.) :)
Benefits of this homemade therapy:
- Oil massaging increases the blood circulation which is helpful for hair growth.
- Covering the hair with hot towel helps the oil to penetrate inside the scalp to provide nourishment for the hair.
- Egg contains lots of vitamins, proteins and minerals which are essential for healthy hair and promotes hair growth.
- Honey is a rich source of moisturizer and has got excellent anti-bacterial property.
- Last but not the least, this is made of few of the simplest ingredients which are easily available in any household, yet it works wonders with regular use.
It is not more than 10 days that I have become a part of MABH. It is truly an amazing blog!! I particularly was checking out the homemade hair care therapies (I’m a little obsessed with my hair and I always love to check out different hair care products and DIY hair care recipes). And this is when MABH Fast Growth Hair Oil caught my eyes and out of curiosity, I did a little research on the oil and finally came to the conclusion that I must give it a try!!
Why I wish to try the MABH Hair Oil?
As I was checking out a few blogger reviews on MABH hair oil, it amazed me how everyone who tried it out is full of praise for it. When I myself went on to read about the oil, I found out that it could be the perfect hair oil for someone like me! It fastens hair growth, thickens hair, helps to cure dandruff.. so many goodness in one product, what else you can ask for?? Moreover it is chemical free and fully herbal which means anyone can blindly trust this oil for beautiful and healthy hair, so I would love to try out this hair oil for overall nourishment for my hair. Since I have got a busy schedule, so I think this product is a must-have for me as an all-in-one hair care product which will give me my much needed freedom to go for long hair.
I do hope you like the post and this DIY hair spa helps you out if you are suffering from hair loss issue!! Take care! Ciao!! :)