Hello beautiful girls!
We cleanse, scrub and use face pack in home facials. But what about the forgotten middle part which is equally essential as others? I have never given importance to home steaming until one day I thought why parlours facials are never complete without steaming. Face Steaming enhances the results of facial. After doing a little research on it, I started to follow this. Steaming can do magic to skin if done properly and carefully. Facial steamers are also available in the market but today we shall discuss the traditional pot steaming.
1. Increases blood circulation which in turn improves oxygen supply and makes your skin healthier.
2. Softens black heads and makes exfoliation easier.
2. Helps skin perspiration as steaming decongest skin pores.
4. Reveals radiant and younger looking skin
What is Required?:
- Medium sized pot
- 6 cups of pure water
- Bath towel
How to Steam?:
1. Pour water in a pot and bring it to boil.
2. Prepare your face using cleanser to remove dirt and makeup residues. Tie back your hair neatly or use a headband to secure your hair.
3. Once the water starts bubbling, off the burner and move the pot to a convenient place to steam.
4. Place your face over the pot and wrap a towel to lock the steam.
5. Close your eyes and breath slowly. Steaming can be done for 4-5 minutes.
6. Wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
7. Follow with your favourite face pack to close the pores or if you are running out of time you can rub ice cubes over the face and neck.
You can add essential oils like lavender, lemon, rose, tea tree or your favourite ones to the steam water. Dried or fresh herbs are also good options. Incase you don’t have any of these you can consider few sprigs of neem leaves, pudhina or tulsi leaves which are also equally beneficial.
1. Steaming might be bad to skin if done frequently.Steaming once in a 2 weeks is advisable.
2. The right temperature of water to steam is 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius).
3. If you feel too hot during the procedure, open the towel a bit for vapours to escape.
4. If you are adding essential oils, carefully add 2-3 drops only.
4. Experts advise to hold your face 12 inches above the water.
5. Once your face is completely wet with perspiration then stop steaming.
6. Frequent steaming might dehydrate your skin.
7. Never steam if you have any skin irritations or severe acne.
Does your home facial include steaming? If yes, how often?