Coffee is one substance, I can go on and on about. Most of us limit ourselves to using coffee as a beverage and are unaware of the health and beauty benefits of this wonder kitchen ingredient. In this write up, I would talk about why coffee is good for skincare and how can it be utilized in beauty treatments 🙂 Read on to know more.
How coffee is great for skin?:
1. Coffee is an excellent anti-oxidant. The role of an anti oxidant is crucial in our bodies. There are a number of biochemical reactions and metabolic processes going on in our bodies. These processes produce a whole lot of free radicals. These free radicals have often been described as an important culprit behind skin aging and skin cancers. Coffee is believed to help control both these by destroying free radicals and revitalizing skin cells.Though; the actual effects can only be seen after long term use.
2. Aroma therapy is something very much in fashion these days. Nobody can deny that coffee has an amazing aroma. Sipping a cup of coffee relaxes and relieves our senses so much. Did it ever make you wonder what a Coffee face pack would do! 😉
3. Exfoliating once or twice a week is an essential part of skincare routine due to increasing levels of dirt and pollution in cities. Scrubbing helps get rid of dead skin cells and deeply cleanses pores of skin. Clean skin allows moisturizers and other skin nourishing products to seep in better. Coffee works great as a mild scrub!! Towards the end of this article, I have provided some simple Ideas to use coffee as a scrub at home.
4. Coffee is also a known anti-cellulite agent. Remember how our gym trainers tell us do drink herbal tea and black coffee. The reason being, coffee helps cut down fat and tone down flab. Coffee wraps are being used in various spas as an anti-cellulite treatment.
5. It is an anti-Inflammatory substance too 🙂 So it works well in reducing local redness on skin.
6. It also helps in reducing puffiness around eyes.
Here are certain, easy tips to use coffee in your skincare regimens.
Coffee as a Mild Scrub:
Mix ground coffee (which is easily available in supermarkets) or instant coffee with Johnson’s baby oil or olive oil and use it on your face and neck, using gentle circular strokes. Massage face for 3 to 4 minutes and rinse off with Luke warm water. If you happen to have an oily skin and want to skip the oil, you can substitute it with Lemon juice or Aloe Vera gel. If you want to enjoy the fragrance, you can even leave it in as a face pack, afterwards.
Scrub for Knees, Elbows and Feet:
This is an absolutely simple one. Mix sugar and coffee powder. Use water or milk or Aloe Vera as a medium for wetting. This is a coarser scrub so, do not use it on your face.
Coffee as a Face Pack:
Use finely ground coffee or even instant coffee for this recipe. Mix equal proportions of coffee powder and milk powder. Use water/rose water/aloe gel as an agent to mix the ingredients together. Alternatively,You can take 1 table spoon coffee and mix it with few drops of milk. To make the consistency fluffy, beat the coffee well before applying onto the face. Apply in a thick layer on face. Let it stay for 20 minutes and wash off with luke warm water. This face pack has dual advantage of soothing your skin and relaxing you with it’s rich aroma 🙂
I really hope, you liked this write up and would start exploring the goodness of Coffee to make your skin Happy 🙂