I am so excited to write my first DIY post on MABH. Today I am sharing one of my most trusted hair pack. These days knowingly or unknowingly we expose our hair to lot of chemicals. So, once in a while its important to give our hair all the nourishment it requires. This pack repairs dry and damaged hair better than our costly conditioners.
The first time I heard about this, I was skeptical about banana applied on hair. But after a bit of googling, I confidently tried it. And Voila!!! I was super satisfied with the outcome. Now, let’s get started.
Banana: Potassium, manganese and vitamins help’s in softening the hair and protects the hair’s natural elasticity. It also keeps hair hydrated and healthy.
Coconut: Coconut contains protein and iron that helps to strengthen hair. It also helps to repair damaged hair and treats dry flaky hair effectively.
Almond oil: Helps to nourish hair and skin, being rich in vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E. Also known to facilitate hair growth.
- Bananas – 2
- Coconut grating – 1/2 cup
- Almond oil – 2 spoon
Step 1: Make sure the bananas are fully ripe. Peel and cut them into pieces. Chop the coconut into small pieces. You can grate them either.
Step 2: Place them in a mixer jar and whip them couple of times. Now, grind them into a smooth paste adding little water.
Ste 3: Make sure there are no chunks or lumps. If found any, grind them again. And then transfer the paste to a clean bowl.
Step 4: Finally add two spoons of Almond oil. This step is optional but I highly recommend to do so. Along with the banana, almond oil makes your hair even more smoother.
Directions for use:
1. Make sure to comb your hair with a wide toothed comb before applying any hair pack.
2. Starting from scalp apply this pack all over your hair.
3. Let it dry for half an hour.
4. Wet hair and wash the pack thoroughly with plain water first.
5. Then apply shampoo and lather well. Rinse and repeat if required.
Things you need to make sure in this process:
1. Ingredients should be smoothly grind-ed. Otherwise, you will end up with bits of banana in your hair.
2. Always comb your hair before application of the pack. This is to ensure easy and even application of the product.
3. Don’t let the hair pack to dry completely. It becomes tedious to wash away the pack. Never exceed the 30 mins waiting time.
4. You can adjust the quantity according to your hair length.
As the name suggests, this pack gives all the nourishment your hair needs. This hair pack is tried and tested. You can feel the change in your hair texture after using it couple of times. You can try this on both damp and oiled hair. For best results use twice a week. I know it is messy job but it is definitely worth the result. Hope you found this article useful :)