Today, I am going to shed some light on ‘Dry Brushing’. I already did a post on home made scrubs and as we already know scrubbing helps in renewing our skin cells which gives a radiant and healthy skin. Dry Brushing is just like scrubbing to get a healthy skin by removing the dead skin cells. Due to the dead skin cells the clogged pores stops the natural toxins elimination process. This is not good for our body. So, your whole body requires exfoliation to unclog the pores to let it breathe and many more.
Dry brushing is the process of brushing your whole body with a ‘Dry Brush’. Skin is the largest toxin elimination organ of our body. As we age this organ works slowly in getting rid of the dead skin cells. Thus, slow elimination results into various diseases. Sometime, even the thick dead skin layer build up can give you skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis etc.
What is Required For Dry Brushing?:
- Dry Brush with soft and natural bristles with stiffness do not use the synthetic ones.
- Dry Body
Step 1: Start brushing from the bottom of your feet to the upwards direction by taking long sweeping strokes going upwards, same with the hands start from the palm or backside of your palm going upwards with the torso too always, go towards the hearts direction.
Step 2: You can also do it in circular motion and slowly bring it in upward direction of your body.
Step 3: Use light pressure, be gentle while doing it. Do not rub your skin. Avoid sensitive areas.
Step 4: Best time is to do it before taking shower in morning.
- Stimulates the blood circulation
- Toxin elimination
- Helps in removing dead skin cells
- Unclogs the pores, which helps in better detoxification
- Evens out the skin tone
- Gives a radiant healthy looking skin
- Removes cellulite (it will take time)
- Tightens the skin so works as an anti-ageing tool
- Tones the muscles
- Stimulates the nervous system
- It also strengthens the immune system
- Helps In digestion and better kidney function
- It also stimulates the oil glands and hormones
- It just takes few minutes, not time consuming
- Easy to do
Which Brush to Use?
- Natural with stiff bristles avoid synthetic ones.
- Buy a brush with a long handle with a removable hand with a strap for your hand. With the help of long hand you can reach all areas of your body.
- For sensitive skin, go for soft bristles.
- If you cannot resist trying but not able to get dry brush then, opt for a natural loofah.
Do’s & Don’ts:
- Brush the same area seven times as one stroke is not going to benefit you. (No “seven times” rule okhey, I just meant you have to brush more than twice or thrice).
- Do not share your brush with anybody, there should be one brush for each family member.
- Wash it keep it clean.
- Do not brush if you’re suffering from skin problems. Consult your doctor before using this technique.
- Try to avoid the sensitive areas.
- Be gentle while brushing.
How Much It Will Cost You?:
It will cost you from Rs. 200 to 500. Check these brushes from Vega! Searched it for you guys. :)
1. Cellulite Bristle Bath Brush Rs. 330
2. Natural Bristle Bath Brush Rs. 199 (It is detachable too)
Dry Brushing gives you so many benefits; you just have to spend 10-15 minutes. It’s good for the people who are not regular with the exercise. An easy detoxification at home. Isn’t it?