Summers are hot and harmful to skin due the red angry sun. Whatever sunblock or sunscreen lotions we use, our skin ends up with burning due to the UV rays in this peak summer. A simple homemade DIY fruit facial mask can help a lot in calming down the sun damaged skin and getting rid of tan. Make use of papayas and add that natural glowing shine to your skin this summer! No more sun tan and no more skin irritation. Check the recipe below!
Things You Will Need:
- Two slices of ripen papaya
- Two teaspoons of honey
- A scoop of creamy yogurt
- Half a lemon
- Required rose water
How to Prepare?:
1. Mash the ripen papaya until it turns smooth and keep aside.
2. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon and mix it with equal parts of rosewater. If you are allergic to lemon juice, you can avoid it and add glycerin instead.
3. Take a small bowl and pour the papaya puree and rose water mixture juice to it.
4. Add honey and yogurt; blend well with a spatula until smooth.
5. If you prefer, refrigerate the mask for 10 minutes for an extra calming effect on your skin.
6. Your summer papaya face mask is ready to use now!
Ways to Use:
- After a long day out in sun, when your skin feels dry, damaged and tired, cleanse your facial skin and apply this creamy face mask evenly.
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes and wash off to see the instant results. This mask would clear up the new tan and softens the skin with its fruit extracts.
- Papaya nutrients improve the skin texture while the lemon and honey extracts work on lightening the skin naturally. This skin lightening and calming face mask suits sensitive skin types the best!
- You can also use this mask instead of your regular face pack to achieve clean and clear, tan free, spot free skin. If you have extra dry skin, use milk cream in the place of yogurt.
- Twice-thrice weekly usages are best for faster results.
- Is you skin feeling dry, lifeless and stretchy all the time in summers? Add some fresh cream and almond oil to this mask. Use this cream to massage your skin and leave on for 5-10 minutes after massage.
- Splash cold water and wash away. This homemade rich massage improves the blood circulation and overall texture of the skin without drying it out.
Have you ever used papaya and yogurt together to treat your skin?