Hello lovely ladies!
I am back again with another post. After giving a thought about writing another post lot of ideas were coming but, I wasn’t sure what is it that will benefit you guys and Lancy helped me in this. So, I am here with my very first DIY post.
I am going to share a quick DIY face pack with you girls even boys can try it no issues. :P Let me give you a short and quick info about the main ingredient that I am using in this DIY. Most of you might have heard about Chandan i.e Sandalwood. And today, I am using Red Sandalwood Powder which is also known as ‘Rakta Chandan’. So, as per the name you can understand it is red in color and its all natural so, no worries. It is widely used in Ayurveda for medicinal purposes and even in cosmetics for its known properties.
- Rakta Chandan Powder.
- Lemon Juice
- Spoon to mix all the ingredients
- And a small bowl
Where to Get Red Sandalwood?: You can get red sandalwood from any Ayurvedic shop, especially shops owned by South Indians. If not, I suggest this product from Amazon. I’ve read good reviews on it!
Tips For Using:
1. Oily skinned people can add curd or butter milk instead of milk.
2. Dry Skinned people can add honey, few drops of your favorite oil for moisturizing your skin.
3. Combination or normal skin can go with the above ingredients or if you want you can add honey or Aloe Vera gel.
4. Those who are allergic to lemon juice, you can go for tomato juice or just enjoy the curd benefits. Do it as per your skin type. Lightening your skin with lemon at home is a natural, safest way unlike bleaching with chemicals.
5. Rakta Chandan stick works the best. You just need to get its extract by rubbing the stick on the stone slab with water, rose water or milk.
6. I have noticed an extra glow or a fair look when, I add some wheat flour to it, do try it out and let me know how it works with you? My skin type is combination and sometime very oily. Grrrrr..!!
How to Prepare?
1. Take some red sandalwood powder in a bowl as per the requirement for your face and neck area.
2. Now add few spoon of milk to the powder to make a paste.
3. Add few drops of lemon juice to the mixture and before adding the juice remove the seeds first.
4. Mix all the ingredients together and be careful while mixing as the powder is very light and tends to fly away from the bowl.
5. Tada!! Your summer cooling face pack with rakta chandan is ready; if you want, you can keep it in freezer for few minutes and then apply it.
So, how’s it? Easy right? Don’t worry its coming from a lazy person :P If you’re very busy person or a working person then, before going to office just prepare this pack and keep it in freezer and enjoy it after coming from office. When you’re back, first take it out from freezer and let the temperature come closer to the room temperature and then, apply it on your skin.
- It removes the marks caused by acne and removes the tan.
- Gives a fair and glowing look. Helps in getting an even skin tone. (For even skin tone apply it on the affected areas only)
- If used regularly, helps in getting rid of acne, pimples and the ugly marks too.
- I have also heard that it gives a wrinkle free skin and tightens the facial skin. I cannot comment on that but, I can say if used according to one’s skin type it will definitely work.
- Calms your skin.
- Well there are lots of benefits to enjoy depending on your skin type and I would suggest try it and share your experience.
How To Use?
1. Wash your face pat dry.
2. Now apply the face pack over your skin for 15-20 minutes.
3. Now, do a gentle exfoliation with your hands and then wash it off.
4. If you want to use it while taking bath then first apply it and till your skin absorbs its goodness you can just exfoliate your feet, hands. Multitasking. :P
5. Use it twice or thrice in a week and you will definitely see a remarkable change on your face.