Hibiscus and Green Gram Homemade Shampoo – Do It Yourself
Friday is here and I guess you are waiting for a relaxing weekend. Are you reading for some Sunday pampering? Why not make a shampoo? Making your own shampoo at home is a simple and fun task to do at weekends. It saves money and of course your precious hair from harmful chemicals and preservatives present in your store bought shampoos.
Homemade shampoos might not be lathering that well or smelling better but they cleanse hair well and add lustrous shine to it in a very natural way. Now we are going to check an interesting shampoo recipe with hibiscus flowers, leaves and natural green gram powder. This recipe is again from my Amma (mom)
This shampoo cools down the scalp, clears out oil and dirt, controls dandruff and naturally conditions hair. Check the instructions below and make your own hibiscus shampoo in minutes! Let your hair shine naturally forever.
Things you will need:
- A small bowl
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 10-12 hibiscus leaves
- 2 fresh hibiscus flowers
- 3 teaspoons of green gram powder
- Few drops of jojoba oil
How to Make Hibiscus Shampoo at Home?
1. Take a small clean bowl and fill it up with one cup of distilled water.
2. Cleanse you hands and crush the hibiscus leaves and flowers well. Drop the crushed mixture to the bowl of distilled water.
3. Bring this mixture to a boil in simmer stove until the consistency is moderately thick. It would form a serum like consistency.
4. Now at this stage, switch off the stove and take the bowl off. Strain the flower and leaf extract and add the green gram powder to it. Blend well until it forms a smooth creamy paste.
5. Finally, add the jojoba oil to this paste and blend once again well. Your homemade hibiscus shampoo is ready to use now. If you don’t have jojoba oil, you can also use few drops of sweet almond oil or olive oil.
How to Use Hibiscus Homemade Shampoo?:
1. After rinsing your hair with plain water or taking a shower, apply this creamy shampoo over your hair and scalp. Make sure to cover every single strand
2. Gently massage hair and scalp with finger tips for 3-5 minutes.
3. Leave on the shampoo on hair for 5 more minutes after massaging and rinse with fresh cold water.
4. After shampooing, condition hair if necessary and blow dry hair.
5. Soft, shiny and black hair is all yours now!
Ingredient Benefits of this DIY Shampoo:
The green gram powder cleanses out the scalp well to get rid of excess dirt and oiliness. You can either buy green gram powder from shops or prepare your own by grinding dried green gram dhal at home.
Hibiscus is a natural cooling agent and it also works well to add that elegant shine to your hair! Hibiscus leaves and flowers are easily available. So why not to use them in your haircare regime?
This oil is used in this recipe to maintain the hair’s natural moisture balance. Jojoba oil is also proven to strengthen the hair strands naturally. If you have a really oily scalp, skip adding the oil.
Regular usage of this DIY Shampoo recipe results in dandruff free, roughness free healthy hair!
Have you ever tried making shampoos at home?
If you have a Do-It-Yourself shampoo recipe, don’t forget to share with us below!