Have you ever tried facial peels?
Facial peels are mainly used to tighten and smooth out the texture of our skin by improving the blood circulation. It also helps in exfoliating the dead skin cells and removing uneven tan.
Most of the parlor facial peels and other market ones are loaded with several kind of preservatives and chemicals. They may also contain paraben and bleaching ingredients to provide that temporary glow which may result in permanent rough skin.
Then why don’t we go for our own homemade version? Homemade facial peels are mild, chemical free and harmless. Come, let us check an interesting lime and honey facial peel recipe with simple kitchen ingredients to lighten your skin tone and speed up the process of fading of acne spots and dark scars. It also tightens your skin very well to make it young naturally! If you have wrinkles and dull skin, then this is the perfect DIY facial peel recipe for you.
Things you will need:
- Sweet lime or lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Required gelatin
How to Prepare?:
1. Heat gelatin with required rose water in a double boiler.
2. Soon after it melts, switch off the stove and add the lemon juice, egg whites and honey to the melted glycerin. Stir well with a clean spoon.
3. If required, add 2 drops of almond oil to this mixture to prevent skin dryness. (Don’t do this if you have oily skin)
4. Blend everything once again together to form a smooth gel.
5. Your homemade line and honey tightening facial peel is ready to use now!
Lemon: Vitamin C in lemon helps to lighten the skin naturally by removing dirt, dark spots and tan. Collagen prevent in lemon tightens the skin and provides elasticity. Moreover, using lime on your skin improves overall skin texture by fading out the acne scars and clarifying the skin.
Honey: Sweetness of honey is its specialty. But wait.. honey can be considered special for its skin properties as well. Honey contain abundant amount of anti oxidants which are essential for the rejuvenation of skin. It also helps with the prevention of the natural moisture of your skin.
Egg White: Egg white has protein content that softens the skin and improves it softness. Egg white also contain gentle skin peeling properties which peels off the outer layer of dead skin to bring out your new beautiful skin.
Glycerin: Glycerin makes your skin so supple by softening it and providing elasticity to it. It has the quality of absorbing moisture from the air, thus preventing skin from becoming dry and stretchy. In this homemade facial peel recipe, glycerin acts as a gentle peeling ingredients when combined with eye whites and other ingredients.
How to Use?:
1. Wash your face with lukewarm water and a gentle facial cleanser. Check your cleanser for any moisturizing ingredient because this might leave a film behind your skin blocking the peel absorption. A gentle oil clearing cleanser is always better to use before using facial peels.
2. Starting from the neck and chin, apply the facial peel to the areas of forehead by giving light strokes in upward motion. Make sure to cover the entire surface of your facial skin leaving the eyelids and under eye areas.
3. Mild irritation is normal due to the lime content. It means the natural lightening property of lime is working on your skin. But in case if you develop a severe irritation or if you are allergic to lime juice, don’t use this lemon facial peel. Instead of lemon, you can also try fresh papaya juice.
4. Leave on the peel on your facial skin for 15-20 minutes or until it dries and tightens your skin.
5. At this stage, wash off your face with luke warm water.
6. Pat dry and moisturize skin with your regular moisturizer. Soft and clear skin is yours now! Follow this peel once every week or once in a fortnight (If you have sensitive skin type) to see visible tightening and lightening results on your skin.
P.S: Avoid exposure to sun light or wear a really high SPF sun block lotion for 2 days after using facial peel as your skin would be in it’s most sensitive state. Using facial peel and immediately exposing your skin to sunlight may damage and darken it unevenly.
Image source: 1