Today, I am going to review the Parachute Advanced Soft Touch Body Lotion meant for dry skin. I have already reviewed the summer variant of this lotion and now comes the winter one which specially meant for dry skin. Though I don’t have badly dry skin I have been using this body lotion for more than a month now to combat tad winter dryness on my skin. Let us see how it works.
- Soft touch body lotion for dry skin with coconut milk.
- 100% Natural Moisturizers* that nourish from deep within.
Price & Quantity:
Rs.115 for 250ml
Directions for use:
For best results, apply daily all over your body. Suitable for use by entire family.
My Take on Parachute Body Lotion for Dry Skin:
Packaging: This body lotion comes in a light aqua colored and curved plastic container that looks simple, yet attractive. The bottle has a lovely feminine shape which makes it adorable and easy to handle. The dispenser hole is small and dispenses the right amount of lotion without any spillage. This lotion bottle has a sturdy flip type opening cap that makes the usage easier; and the product travel friendly.
Colour, Consistency & Fragrance: Unlike the other ‘dry skin’ body lotions available in the market, this one has a light normal-runny consistency similar to the summer variant of Parachute body lotion. I expected it to a bit thick than the summer variant but the consistency is light and white in color. It has pleasant unexplainable fragrance (A kind of floral) and I loved it. I personally hate the coconut oil smell to core but this one has no trace of it; I guess it has a trace of coconut milk/flower’s smell. So coconut haters don’t hesitate to give a try. The fragrance is mild and wouldn’t upset sensitives noses for sure.
How it works: I loved the summer variant of Parachute advansed body lotion and this one is a new come as winter is in rule at present. I apply this lotion over my body skin twice everyday; once after bathing in the morning and once after my night shower. It gets absorbed into the skin quickly without leaving any greasiness behind. It cures all the dryness instantly and leaves my skin soft and moisturized. The fragrance lingers for few minutes and then disappears.
My sister who used this body lotion found it to be a bit greasy on her skin but I found that it is due to excessive usage. As this lotion is itself so light, you just need a tad to cover large area of your body skin. It spreads easily and smoothly like a liquid, unlike thick body butter like lotions. That’s the trick. If you use very less, your skin will suffer from moisturize loss in next hours; if you apply a lot then it might give you a temporary greasy feel that would gradually disappear in next few minutes. Overall, I find this lotion very suitable for my skin this winter. The summer one failed to keep my skin moisturized for long time in winter but this one helps me maintain my skin soft and moisturized with twice a day application. For the price, I would say that it is a steal unless you don’t mind about the parabens present in it.
- Comes in an affordable price
- Easily available everywhere in India
- It has a light consistency and a soothing mild fragrance
- Moisturizes dry skin instantly and cures all the dryness
- Leaves no greasiness behind if used the right amount
- If your skin acts normal-dry in winters, this would be your perfect pick
- Ah! I forgot the main pro.. What a beautiful curvy packaging it is!
- The packaging makes the product easy to use and travel friendly
- Regular use makes skin soft and supple
- I sometimes also use this as my elbow, foot and hand lotion for temporary relief
- Gives a nice cooling sensation to the skin soon after application
- Available in different sizes; the smallest one would compactly sit inside your hand bag
- Contain parabens; if you’re allergic to parabens then this product is a ‘No-No’
- This will not help your dry skin in freezing North Indian winters
- Of course not suitable for extra dry skin types; they need a body butter for sure in winters
- If applied too much; it leaves a greasy film behind in normal skin types which disappears soon
Do I Recommend?
Yes I highly recommend this product to all normal-dry skinned people out there who suffer from winter skin dryness! It is light but does a lot in moisturizing your body skin with its light easy spreadable texture and pleasing fragrance. This product is surely a hit for this cheaper price.
Would I Repurchase?
I will! I am not sure about summers because it may be a bit greasy on my skin in summers (When it will be already sweaty and uncomfortable) but I will definitely pick this for next winter. It is cheap, handy and true to its claims for this affordable price.