So, how do you begin your day?! I believe with a tea or coffee. My day begins with a hot cup of tea along with the local newspaper.
Before I proceed into the actual scene of the discussion, I want to summarize the making of the tea.
- You will need a glass of milk, one spoon tea powder and one spoon sugar.
- In a wide mouthed vessel add all the 3 items and boil over low flame for about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the boiled contents on a sieve, and your morning tea is ready to be sipped.
(Sorry, it sounds as though you are reading a cooking blog) 😛
The residue collected in the strainer is likely to be thrown into the dustbin. But I suggest hold on to it. The tea residue makes an excellent skin exfoliator. It is the perfect type of mild scrub for the skin. Since this residue includes milk and sugar too, the skin gets the much needed moisturizing too. Massaging face and neck with the tea residue helps in blood circulation and brings the glow to your face right in the beginning of the day.
I never skip scrubbing my face with this tea residue, at least in winter. Winter makes the skin to look dead and deprived of food. So, tea residue scrubbing is a small solution to help my skin handle the dry winter. I scrub for about 3 to 4 minutes; then leave the residue on the skin for about 10 minutes and then rinse off. I do this after I have gulped my tea. 🙂
Source of inspiration to use the tea residue:
I had observed my mother dropping the tea residue to all the flower plant pots when the plants begin to look sick. And one fine day it just struck in my mind; these flowering plants get so much of life from the tea residue, wonder why can’t I borrow some help from the same tea residue. And thus the tea residue scrub came into existence in my routine.
Few Skin Benefits of Tea:
- Tea is rich in antioxidants and thus it maintains the skin youth, if applied topically.
- Recent researches have found that tea contains anti aging ingredients
- The alpha hydroxy acids present in the tea loosens the skin and encourages dead skin removal
- Applying tea decoction to the skin makes it look more fresher, healthier and radiant.