If you could do something for the society, wouldn’t you jump at that opportunity?
Not in a big way but a small yet satisfying way. Neev Herbal Handmade Soaps is one such organization where you could contribute a little to the under privileged and feel happy at the end of the day.
A little about what Neev Herbal Handmade soaps are all about-
- NEEV Herbal Handmade Soaps is the enterprise wing of NEEV. It is a small scale unit registered under Khadi Village Industries Commission, located in Hurlung village, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
- NEEV also has a non-profit wing called NEEV Trust which works in the rural areas and slums around Jamshedpur in the domains of education, livelihood development and agriculture.
- NEEV Trust facilitates 15 Self Help Groups (including one of Sabar Tribe) of women who are being trained in different skills through Skill Development Initiatives in partnership with NABARD. The groups have also been linked with the Gramin Bank.
- NEEV Trust visualizes that all the raw materials required for making the soaps and other cosmetic products will be grown and processed within these villages. For this it is going to encourage farmers to cultivate the herbs required for soap production.
I am always looking at ways in which I can give something back to the society and this is my very small contribution to it. I really would like to introduce you all to this wonderful brand.
Product Description: With TFM : 77.8% , keeps the skin dew fresh and young looking, delays the appearance of wrinkles, blackheads, dryness and even pimples.
Price & Quantity: 2 variants- Rs 80 for 75 gms and Rs 100 for 100 gms
Ingredients: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Mahua Oil, Lye, Rose Oil, Geranium Oil, Palmarosa Oil, Rosemary Oil, Roasted and ground almonds
Shelf Life: 1 year
My Experience with Neev Almond Rose Soap:
Packaging: It comes wrapped in a paper cover with the soap inside covered in plastic. The packaging is simple but I would suggest them to change it. The saying ‘Never judge a book by its cover’ doesn’t hold true always. If the packaging is attractive, I would pick it up even if I have never used it before.
Colour, Consistency & Fragrance: The soap is cream in colour with small pieces of almonds in it. These pieces are evenly distributed. The most attractive thing about the soap is the fragrance of it. It doesn’t smell artificial.
How it works: The soap feels minty even though it doesn’t have any mint in it. But I have no complaints against that. The tiny almond pieces act as a scrub. I don’t find them abrasive but then I don’t use soaps for my face. It lathers too!The BEST PART of this soap is the smell. Trust me when I say this, you will love it. I generally take quick showers (2 minutes) and even then, after I finish my bath, my bathroom smells like a spa! It remains that way till I come back home in the evening. In summers when I used it, I didn’t need a moisturizer. But now, it’s better to follow it up with one.
Before I forget, you might feel this soap melts faster than your bank account. True!
Wet your palms, rub soap between them and then apply it to your body. But then, this way you cannot use it as a scrub. So alternate between these 2 methods.
- Smells divine
- Acts as a body scrub as well
- It has a lot of oils which have great benefits
- Lathers quite well
- Smell lingers on skin :)
- Expensive but not that much compared to handmade soaps from other brands.
- Melts really fast :(
Do I Recommend?: Yes. To each and everyone. Try it atleast once.
Would I Repurchase?: Can you believe that I have 6 bars left :)