Guest Post by Barisha
Avon Simply Pretty Color Last Lipstick Almond Beige Review
Hello lovely ladies.. How are you all? Hope you all are fine. I am back with another review today and this review is on an Avon lippy. To be very frank I am not too much into makeup. For me applying a lil compact, eyeliner and kajal is more than enough. Somehow I always think whenever I apply lipstick it makes me look more ugly :P But this lippy just proved me that was wrong: and I am really happy for that. Today I am going to review this on my favorite blog, of course here at Makeup and Beauty Home :D Okay, now let us see how it works on me. Keep reading!
- Get velvety color that lasts long, stays fresh and keeps lips soft and moisturized.
- Gentle long-lasting lipstick with anti-oxidants and SPF 12 UVA/UVB
- Lasts up to 4 hours
- Transfer resistant
Shade: Almond Beige
My Experience with this Product:
Packaging: It comes in a dark violet pack. The packaging looks okay and it is sturdy enough to be travel friendly; no complaints.
Colour and Texture: The colour of this Almond Beige lipstick from Avon justifies the name. It actually looks like almond but after applying on the lips it looks so different. Sometimes it looks pinkish brown sometimes orangish brown. Sometimes brown! No I am getting confused :P I am very poor at describing colours so have a look at my swatch and FOTD. The texture is of lipstick is so creamy, buttery and soft. It is so soft that it tends to break or melt if not stored in refrigerator.
How it works: One can easily apply this lipstick over their lips without any hardness as it glides in a smooth manner. This lipstick is nicely pigmented and stays on my lips for 3-4 hours as per the claims. This shade suits almost every Indian skin type and thus can be wore daily for casual outings and even for work. Overall, this lipstick suits everyone beautifully and the lippy beginners out there can pick this without any second thought.
This is how it looks on me and sorry I was damn tired at that time!
Now come, let us discuss about the pros and cons.
Pros of Avon Simply Pretty Color Last Lipstick in Almond Beige Shade
- Beautiful colour which brightens up the face.
- Sturdy and travel friendly packaging
- The shimmers are very subtle, making this lipstick as a perfect daily wear one
- Will suit almost every skin tone
- The lipstick does not bleed
- Suitable for office wear too
- One of the best shades for lipstick beginners
- Not drying as it has a buttery texture
- Contains SPF
- I think its affordable for the worth. Avon products are available on discounts most of the time.
- Good staying power, This particular shade will stay for 3-4 hours without the need of reapplications.
Cons of of Avon Simply Pretty Color Last Lipstick in Almond Beige Shade
- The ingredients list is missing.
- Availability is a problem for many.
- Might melt in hard summers; you can store it in refrigerator though
Recommendation: I will recommend this to lipstick to every lipstick loving girl. It looks good on all skin types and perfectly suitable on both day and night.
Makeup and Beauty Home Rating: 4/5
Have you tried any lipstick from the Avon Simply Pretty Color Last Range? Which is your favorite shade?