Hello sweet ladies!
Now we are going to check an amazing exfoliating body scrub made of chickpeas and few other kitchen available ingredients to give your skincare routine a twist. This natural exfoliating body scrub has numerous benefits such as tan removal, skin softening and deep pore cleansing. I swear by this body scrub and this one definitely wins most of the store bought body scrubs. Come let us check the recipe with a photo tutorial.
- Dried Chickpeas, 2 tablespoons
- Dried Mung beans, 1 tablespoon (Optional)
- Sandalwood, 1 tablespoon
- Rice Powder, 1 tablespoon
- Milk, Required
1. Grind the chickpeas and mung beans together coarsely. Mung bean is nothing but the green gram (Pachai Payiru in tamil). Collect the powder in a small bowl. Add sandalwood powder and rice powder to this powered mixture and mixture everything together well with a spoon.
2. Add required milk to the scrub powder that we prepared in the first step.
3. Blend well and ensure that the scrub is in the right consistency. The scrub should be neither too thick nor too runny. That’s it. Your own body scrub made of chickpeas is all ready to use now!
After having a shower with your shower gel or after a bath, on your wet skin, apply this chickpea exfoliating body scrub. Apply the body scrub over entire body skin and start scriubbing gently with your fingers and palms. Do not use this exfoliating body scrub on your facial skin as this would be a little rough compared to the facial scrubs. However, if you wish grind the ingredients more finely and store it seperately to use as your facial scrub.
While scrubbing your body skin, concentrate more on the rougher parts such as knees and elbows. After 5-10 minutes of scrubbing, wash off the scrub from your body skin completely without leaving any residue. Use every weekend to maintain soft, glowing and tan free skin. This can also be used twice a week on your body.
- Chickpeas : Removes dark patches and pigmentation from the skin.
- Mung beans: Softens the skin and makes it wrinkle-free. Green gram powder (Mung beans powder) is a great alternative for soaps as well.
- Sandalwood: Improves complexion, calms down skin and reduces excessive body heat
- Rice Powder: Helps removing tan by performing the exfoliation part in an effective manner.
- Milk: Softens skin and prevents it from drying due to exfoliation. If you have extra dry skin, pour in few drops of olive oil to this body scrub recipe.
Do you have any such natural DIY body scrub recipe which you swear by?