Hello beauties! Next to the skin lighting remedies, this is the one which is most asked for in our reader queries section. Many of you asked me for under eye dark circle removing home remedies and some other asked for under eye dark circle removal cream suggestions. My mailbox is flooded with this same type of query. I have luckily got dark circle free eyes (Can’t judge about future! I am just 17 now) and hence I wasn’t able suggest you home remedies for dark circles before. But just specially for you all, I made a visit to my beautician’s house last week and discussed with her about the home remedies and other skincare ideas to control, prevent and cure dark circles fast other than the usage for dark circle removing creams. As one of our post named ‘Fair Skin in 30 days’ was made a huge hit by worldwide readers, I am here up with the next 30 days series. These remedies might work perfectly for you if you follow them in a right manner. Though genetic and health issues can also give you under eye dark circles and for that you MUST consult your physician rather than believing in cure from simple topical home remedies.
Three Must Follow Remedies to Cure Under Eye Dark Circles
- Get 8 hours of good night sleep. Read the previous line carefully, you need 8 hours of good NIGHT sleep. Hence untimely sleeping is not going to help you even if you sleep for 8 or more hours. Regularize your sleeping habits as the first step.
- Wash your eyes thrice a day with fresh water. This trick helps like a miracle in curing your bulged, dark, ugly looking under eye circles fast. Just simply splash some water over your eyes gently and that’s it. Once in the morning while bath, once in the evening after returning home from work and once before going to bed every night is a best routine.
- Soon after returning home from college or workplace, get some cold water in a bowl. Dip two cotton pads in the cold water, squeeze a bit and place it over your closed eyelids. Relax for 10-15 minutes and then continue your other work. This should be followed everyday in order to calm down stressed eyes.
Five DIY Home Remedies to Cure Under Eye Dark Circles
- This is a very common remedy but it really works if followed everyday without expecting overnight results. Squeeze juice from grated cucumber and apply it over your dark cirlces. Leave on for 10-20 minutes and and wash away. This can be followed daily for best results.
- Potato juice acts a natural bleaching agent to lighten the dark skin around your eyes. Hence apply potato juice over your dark circles twice a week but not everyday. This would gradually remove the darkness and yes, you can see visible results in under eye dark circles reduction within one month if followed with patience.
- Drop pure rose water on your eyes before going to bed at night. This would calm down eyes and reduce the heat to prevent and fade dark circles caused due to excess heat.
- Banana peels can be cut into thin squares and stored in refrigerator to use as your anytime relaxing fruit eye pads. Just place the cold peel strips above your eyelids and voila! You’re ready to enjoy the super calming sensation which not only feels good but also helps a lot with the healing of your under eye circles problem.
- Last but not the least, this is the very important step that you should follow regularly to reduce dark circles in 30 days. Grind almonds to smooth powder and add milk to this powder to make a smooth eye mask. Apply this over your eyelids and below your eyes. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and rinse. This should be followed at least once every week to ensure the fast removal of darkness around your eyes. My beautician highly recommend this DIY dark cirlce removing eye pack.