I have always been a fan of subtle, at the same time glossy lip glosses and this is really one among them. This Faces Glam on lip gloss is the part of the newly launched Silk Luxury Makeup Range of Faces Canada Cosmetics. Luckily, I got a very wonderful shade which would perfectly suit dusky skin complexions. This is my favorite colour and hence I fell for it at the first sight. Previously, I reviewed the Glam on Eye Shadow Duo, Silken Finish Pressed Powder and Silken Peach Lipstick from this range and eagerly waited to review this lip gloss. Finally I got time, and here comes my complete review. I will be reviewing the Eyeshadow soon too, that’s the only thing left from this range.
- Enriched with Vitamin E, it is engrossed with high moisturizing emollient that apart from adding diva factor to your personality nurtures your lips.
- It is easy to apply and leaves a trail of high shine lip gloss, so no need to add on shine.
- Moreover it leaves your lips fragrant with a slight flavour of vanilla, which all the way makes them more kissable.
Polybutane, Caprylic Capric Tryglycerides, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol >PEG 8, Benzophenone, Isocutylparaben, Butylparaben, Styrene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylene, Isopropylparaben, Canola oil, Aroma, Vannilin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Zea Mays Starch, Ozokerite Wax,Richnus Communis Seed Oil.
> Bare It All Pink
> Chilled Cherry
> Coral Fusion
> Crystal Clear
> Maple Fudge
> Tickled Pink
The lip gloss comes in a cute transparent tube with a silver coloured top screw lid. Because of the sturdiness, I would say it travel friendly. The pack is very handy and comes with a soft sponge applicator inside. Every application is in control because of the long applicator. Overall, I loved the packaging. No bad I find in it.
Colour, Consistency and Fragrance
I am very much impressed of it’s super soft rose colour and loved using it every time on my lips. The lip gloss glides smoothly over my lips and spreads without any hardness. The shade is highly pigmented, not at all sheer and has no glitter or shimmer particles in it. Even though there is no shimmer, it is so shiny and glossy which is perfect for everyday use. The best part about this lip gloss is its fragrance. It is a kinda hot caramel mixed with vanilla smell which is so lingering and sweet. This is the best smelling lip gloss I have ever used till now. So, I am not going to cut any ratings for this part too.
How it Works
The gloss spreads so smoothly on my lips without any clumsiness. It gives a shiny finish covering the imperfections up to a limit. I would say it as a good pigmented lip gloss for mature and dark lips. It has a very sweet fragrance but no taste :P that’s better because it will stay on my lips for more time. While coming to the staying power, it hardly stays for 3 hours. This is the only thing I felt little disappointed about this lip gloss. For the price, I expected a little more staying power. But, for its other qualities, this can’t be taken as a major con. And the another thing is, I felt little sticky for the first few minutes. After that, the lip gloss is perfect on my lips. Overall, I loved it!
- Glossy and shiny finish without leaking or settling into fine fines.
- The shade. I loved it to core.
- More than the shade, the fragrance is too adorable.
- Sturdy, cute and travel friendly packaging.
- No itchy feel or irritation. Totally side effect free.
- Moisturizes dry lips well and locks moisture up to few hours.
- The shade is not at all overpowering, at the same time it’s not sheer.
- Covers pigmentation and uneven color well.
- Gives an opaque coverage with two swipes.
- Staying power of 3 hours. I expected a little more for the price.
- May be a little sticky for some people.
- Contains Parabens (Not a big con because every other product do so)
My Recommendation: I highly recommend this lip gloss to everyone! Almost suits every skin type. The staying power should be better though.
Overall Rating: 4/5
Will I repurchase?: Sure! Because of the fragrance, I cant stop using it :P Yummy