Every tired weekend and on the days when I experiment with different makeup products, facial scrub is one product which is a must for me. Now, I am going to review a natural scrub from the brand Prakriti Herbals. I have already reviewed their skin gel which is one of my favorite moisturizer. Let us move on to the review of the scrub now.
- Read: Prakriti Herbals Rose Aloe Vera Soothing Gel Review
A gentle scrub which exfoliates dead cells, blackheads while nourishing the skin, giving you a fresh glowing complexion.
Price & Quantity:
Rs.120 for 60ml
Moisten face and neck, massage with scrub in a gentle circular motion, avoiding the eyes. Rinse off and pat dry gently.
Natural Pampering Ingredients:
Walnut shell granules, Wheatgerm oil, Aloevera juice, Glycerine, Lotion base, Food Grade Preservatives, Perfume, Purified water.
My Experience with this Product:
Packaging: This product comes in a simple, see through plastic tube with a flip type cap. You can also screw open it. The packaging is sturdy, easy to use and travel friendly; no complaints.
- Read: VLCC Natural Sciences Gold Scrub Review
Colour Consistency & Fragrance: This is a cream based light beige coloured scrub with dark brown walnut granules in it. I am totally impressed with the colour and consistency of this scrub. The fragrance is neither floral nor fruity but a mild scented one which would not irritate sensitive noses. I prefer my skincare products to be sweet scented and expected the same from this one, but then it is okay for the price.
- Read: Vedic Line Plus Exfo 10 Avocado Face Scrub Review
How it works:
This walnut scrub spreads smoothly over my facial skin as it is cream based. The granules are not harsh but little on the harder side than some other milder scrubs. After all, it is a scrub and it should do its exfoliating job well, Right? The scrub exfoliates my skin well when I worked on with circular motions in a gentle manner. After 2 minutes of scrubbing, I splashed some cold water over my face and voila! Though being cream based, this scrub gets washed off very quickly with a single splash without leaving any slippery feel behind.
As claimed, this scrub nourishes, remove dead skin cells and blackheads (Up to a good extent but I have a little doubt about how it would work on stubborn big black heads) in a good manner. Surprisingly this scrub doesn’t leave my skin dry at all. Being normal-oily skinned, I skipped my moisturizer after using this scrub but if you are on normal-dry and dry skin type side, moisturizer is a must. Overall, this is a good scrub which works effectively in removing impurities, leftover makeup residues and mild blackheads from the skin.
- Comes in a handy, mess-free and travel friendly packaging.
- This scrub does the exfoliating job really well
- Clears out impurities, dirt and mild blackheads
- Washes out quickly without leaving any slippery feel behind
- Doesn’t leave skin dry; this scrub works best on dry skin types
- The fragrance is decent; sensitive noses will not be affected.
- Contains natural substances like walnut, wheatgerm and aloevera
- You need only a small quantity for whole face and neck; hence the product lasts long
- Price is reasonable for the worth
- I expected some floral/fruity fragrance from this scrub (Greedy me :P I know)
- Not suitable for usage in extra oily skin types. Though it doesn’t make face greasy soon after usage, your T Zone will be filled with oiliness 2-3 hours after this scrub usage in case if you have extra oily skin.
Recommendation: This scrub suits all skin types expect the super oily skin. Definitely get one if you are dry skinned! Anyone can use this scrub for better exfoliation and soft skin expect the super oily girls. This scrub leaves skin soft, glowing and moisturized without leaving it dry.
Would I Repurchase?: Yes. I am actually planning to repurchase it on winter so that it can prevent dryness from my skin after scrubbing unlike the other scrubs.
- Read: Whitening Body Scrub at Home
Have you used ever Prakriti Herbals Walnut WheatGerm AloeVera Exfoliating Scrub? Do you like it?