Monsoon is very lively and enjoyable season for most of us (not likely what happened in Uttarakhand). Monsoon rains can ruin your beautiful and expensive shoes right away when you step into the muddy road. But that does not mean you will have to wear ugly shoes with your cute dress. Find out here what the best options for you this monsoon are.
Colorful Flip flops: There are lots of colorful and cute rubber flip flops available in the market and even online also. They are washable, no matter where your feet have been, they will be clean again. With casual college wear or day outing, they look very pretty.
Rubber or Plastic Shoes: Now a days shoes are available looking exactly like leather but they are not. They are made of either rubber or plastic, and hence they are great for monsoon. I bought last monsoon rubber shoes with straps from Khadim’s and they are very durable and stylish also.
Crocs: Crocs are very nice for monsoon. The little holes will keep your feet in breathable state. If your feet are covered, it will stay away from the mud and dirt, hence keep them safe. Buy colorful crocs to match with your colorful casuals.
Sandal with Straps: Straps are very important issue in this matter, when both of your sandal/ flip flop and your feet are wet; your shoes will tend to slip out. So, wear sandals with straps.
Ballerina Shoes: Buy ballerina shoes only if they are in rubber or Lycra material. You can also go for peep toe flats; they look very pretty with beautiful casual dresses.
Boots: Wear water proof boots. They will keep your feet safe and dirt free and also add statement to your stylish look.
So, these are the shoes that are great for rainy season, now take a look at the next list that you must ignore.
What not to do?:
- Do not wear sandal heels, even with straps. Heels will make your steps slippery. You might slip and break your limbs.
- Never wear leather. They will infect and injure your skin if it comes in contact with water.
- Do not wear canvas shoes, they will soak water and attract bacteria.
- Always dry your wet shoes directly under the sun light. This will kill the bacteria that are resting in your shoes
- Avoid wearing socks, with sport shoes and canvas shoes. Wet socks will give you cold.
Enjoy monsoon with the right shoes for your beautiful feet. Happy rainy season to all!