A rose by any other name would smell as sweet..
.. and would still be excellent at clearing acne and pimples. ♥
The easiest way to manage acne is to not get any. But how many of us are lucky enough to have gotten through life without a single acne or a pimple? Nothing seems to work in our favour; poor souls, with blemishes. Either our skin is not on our side, with its oily secretions that block pores and get infected. Or there’s stress. Or overuse of make-up and bad skin care.
But help isn’t too far. You can use rose water for acne fighting. This gentle cleanser does so much for your skin, you’ll wonder why you never used it before!
The simple liquid cleanses skin pores, and tightens skin. It also maintains the natural pH balance of your skin, killing all the bad guys, the bacteria, thus preventing acne and pimples. You can ask your salon to use some or you can apply these homemade packs with rosewater for the acne-affected skin.
Rose water is a gentle remedy and takes time to work. You are going to need lots of rose water in the coming months. Instead of buying it, do you want to instead learn how to make rose water at home?
How to Make Rose Water at Home?
- Pluck the petals off a red rose and wash them gently with lukewarm water to remove dirt.
- Place the petals in a pot and add just enough distilled water to cover them. Don’t add more water for more product; you’ll just dilute the rosewater.
- Bring the water to a simmer point over a low flame and then cover the pot.
- Allow it to simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the petals turn light pink.
- Strain the water, and throw away the petals.
- Transfer the rose water to a glass jar and refrigerate.
Are you ready to invest some time and effort in these amazing homemade rosewater masks?
Rosewater and turmeric mask:
- Take 3 inches of fresh turmeric (not the powder).
- Grind it to a fine paste by adding rose water.
- Dab this paste to the pimples on your face.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off.
- Do this daily for a month and you will see your acne disappear.
- You can see the result of rose water for acne scars as well.
Rose water and lemon mask:
- Add 6 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice to 10 drops of rose water.
- Using a clean cotton ball, apply this juice to pimples.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes before washing it off with a cleanser like Olay.
- Pat it dry and use a moisturizer if the lemon made your skin tight.
Rose water and cinnamon mask:
- You can also use a combination of cinnamon and rose water for pimples.
- Wash a 2-3 inches stick of cinnamon and dry it completely.
- Grind it finely and put in a few drops of rose water to make a thin paste.
- Apply this to your pimples and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with tap water and pat dry.
- Do this 4 times a week for a month and you will see the result for yourself.
Try these rose water remedies at home and let us know which one worked the best for you. You can also check out other rose water benefits at Reward Me!
Find more skin care tips and lifestyle tricks and hacks at www.rewardme.in