How you are you doing? Today, I am sharing this recipe with you all which is really quick and easy; just few minutes and few ingredients and Tada! Your ‘lip Scrub’ is already ready!
First, let’s talk about lips and their beauty. As we all know that lips are one of the most beautiful parts of our body, artists have praised the lips in their art; writers and poets went gaga over the beauty of lips and we still have many songs that sing about their beauty!
Who doesn’t like beautiful pinkish lips? We use so many products to make our lips attractive and not just lips but, the overall look. We choose different type of products like lip Balm, lip gloss, lip liner, lipstick, lip tint etc. to make them look better! And as we know most products contain chemicals in them, really very few products are natural and herbal. But still, then they are expensive too. Problems like flakiness, infection, dark pigmented lips, dry pale lips etc. occur due to health issues, bad diet or bad habits, lip products, weather conditions.
So, why not care for them? Little love and care that’s all. Let’s check how you can pamper your lips and remove that pigmentation which takes away the beauty of it. Read the recipe below!
Things you will need:
- Oil, 2 teaspoons (I am using Sesame oil. You can use whichever you like for an example Almond oil, Coconut Oil, Olive oil or any vegetable oil)
- Sugar powder, 4 teaspoons (You can use powdered sugar or you can grind the sugar to get it)
- Honey, 2 teaspoons
- Lemon, half
- A small bowl and a spoon to mix all the ingredients
– Here we go. First, you need to get 3 – 4 tea spoons of powdered sugar for the scrub! It makes the base. If you do not have it, simply grind the sugar in a grinder according to how you prefer it – more powdered or little coarse.
– Now, squeeze half a lemon juice to the sugar. I have a sensitive skin and that’s why I have used half lemon but, if you want you can use the whole lemon for this recipe.
– After the second step, add 1-2 teaspoons of honey to the mixture and mix it well with the help of a spoon. As you can see after mixing all these ingredients, the scrub still looks dry.
– To this mixture, I added oil, a final touch to the recipe. I have used the cap of the oil bottle to measure the oil; mixed 2 caps of the oil into the mixture!
– You can see the mixture looks much better and less clumpy and settled well in the bowl. Finally, it’s ready to use!
How do I use this lip scrub? : Well, I have used it as it is to exfoliate my lips! Sometimes when I feel my lips are too dry then, I massage my lips with oil or ghee or with a hydrating lip balm and let it sit there for few minutes and after that I use this lip scrub directly. Or another way is when I feel my lips are too dry and pale. I apply a hydrating lip balm to my lips at night and next morning after waking up the dryness is less! I massage my lips with oil when I go to bath then, massage the scrub in a gentle way for few minutes and wash it off. Post bath, I use a lip balm for hydration. I follow this procedure because the skin of our lips is very delicate and if you directly use the scrub on your dry lips it will be hurtful. The sugar chunks are abrasive for the delicate skin and lemon will sting.
How does it help me? : Well, it’s a quick DIY recipe and it saves time. You can keep the sugar powder ready and can make a new batch of this scrub just in few minutes. All ingredients are edible so, it’s all good to use without worrying about the chemicals. You can use other oils of your choice too. After using this scrub, I see my lips to be more pinkish and baby like (beautiful!). The lip liner or other lip product application is smooth and it stays for a longer time!
When you massage it, the sugar increases the blood flow and lemon acts as an anti-tanning natural bleach, which works on the pigmentation. Though I do not have much dark lips (just little bit!), it works well on that. Honey hydrates the skin and oil makes the scrubbing easier which helps in removing the dead skin easily. Sesame oil is mostly used in Ayurveda and I use it in many ways. My mom makes an oil recipe using Sesame Oil i.e. Til Oil at home which helps in multiple health problems like joint pain, body pain, backache etc. I have tried massaging that oil when I had stomachache and it worked for me.
Few things to keep in mind if you’re allergic to any of these ingredients don’t try this scrub. If you’re going through any lip problems or on medication please, consult your doctor before using it. Always, apply the lip balm after using this scrub. Try to avoid the sun light post usage. If you find the consistency to be too thick for you, you can always add more honey and oil to the mixture. You can use brown sugar or sugar powder too. You can also use a baby toothbrush with soft bristles to use this scrub!
So, try this scrub and let me know your experience. Plus, do share the name of your favorite lip products and homemade recipes, if any! It is fun to know; isn’t it?