You might have noticed that the blog has gone silent all over again! I’m not here to justify! It’s also not like I’m ignoring the space, but I’ve had some personal issues lately. My mom was hospitalized; we had to stay there for days. It was the toughest phase of my life! The most unexpected, too! I went through sleepless nights. Mr.M and Neela (my aunt) were the two people who comforted us the most. (And I prefer not to talk more about the incident. We’re over it already!)
Thankfully, mom is recovering now and things are getting back to normal; normal to the extent of her getting addicted to whatsapp and Facebook again! (Hopefully, you should see her hair growth update soon on the blog!)
I’ve a much more to talk to you all! I wish to talk my heart out but I’m keeping things limited for some unknown reason. All I want you to know is that I respect you, my blog reader! And I respect the writers who share their voices here. They help fill up my absence on the blog. I value your trust; and I shall always work to retain the same forever!
Coming to the main topic, the business lost its steadiness due to the emergency in my family. I had received so much of love and support from you; on the other hand, I also received ‘hate’ in the form of rude comments for not delivering the orders on time. (the MABH fast growth hair oil is what I’m talking about!) I admit it was my fault this time. But it wasn’t intentional. I’m the same person who made sure to deliver your orders on time/who responded to every hair query with patience. It’s just that I had an unfortunate time on my life! I’m slowly recovering from what I’ve gone through. It will take a bit more time for me to realize that the hate comments shouldn’t be taken personally. It affects me a lot as a person. And I should not let it for the good!
Most of you understood my situation after receiving an email update from me.. I can’t thank you enough for that! Sorry that I couldn’t get back to each one of you personally but you’ve no idea how a single comforting email from you made me feel relieved. But still, it was hard to accept the fact that some people could be very mean even during a crisis in someone’s life. I’d even given a thought about quitting my business; announcing an OOS on the site, refunding for all the current orders, but something kept me away from doing that. My family didn’t want that either! It took me years to build the blog, and then the business. I can’t stand seeing them fail for no good reason. The product has a reach; I’m gifted for that! If in case I decided to quit the business over my temporary stress, it’d had been the foolish decisions ever!
Surprisingly, the volume of orders increased when we were at the hospital. A good thing for the business but I wasn’t sure if I should be happy or stressed about it. To be honest, I was stressed! I had a fortnight of backlog with my orders. I couldn’t deliver the orders on time, as promised on my shipping policy! Even after returning home, we could not get back to work immediately. Business struggled! I was helpless. Blogging was out of the question because I can always return back here to my readers but the buyers who had placed their orders were hoping they’d receive it soon. When they don’t hear back from me, the frustration they get is very normal; reasonable too! As a buyer, I understand your point of view! I regret I had been the reason for your frustration. I sincerely apologize to you once again! (If you’d not received your order till date, be sure it’s on the way. I’m typing this post only after dispatching all the pending orders! For doubts, please drop me an email at email@example.com!)
Nevertheless, I’m thankful for being put in this situation – it helped me become stronger. And from now on, I shall work on the precautions; I’ve already been thinking about hiring staff as to avoid such delays and mishaps in my business in future! (Lesson learnt!)
Also, I now understand the struggle of a sole proprietor! I always thought it was easy as icing on the cake! I believed I was the lucky fellow among my cousins and other family members who go out to work everyday. When people come and tell me that I’m lucky about my career, I didn’t bother much. I sometimes agreed. I agree, a sole proprietorship is better than a 9 to 5 but it comes with 1000X more responsibilities!
Hopefully I shall get back to blogging very soon! I’ve requests from brands to work with them. There are some really exciting campaigns that will interest you! I’m making them wait. I’m also making the writers wait. Their articles are pending. I know it’s hard for both the parties. But I’ve no other option left. I need at least a month before I fix everything. I apologize for making you wait!
For now, I shall be concentrating on the following things when it comes to my work.
– The orders placed on www.mabh.in will be dispatched on time. No delays!
– The product promotion will be inactive for a while! With the promotion (or even a single post about my hair growth journey) leads to a huge number of new orders. When I can be happy about the response, I’d be equally upset if I couldn’t do justice to it. So the promotion and stuff are on a temporary hold. I’ll be able to handle only so much of orders for the next few days. (I promise, I won’t take more than a month!)
– I will be responding to the important emails and messages from readers, brands and buyers that I had missed. (I may not respond to all the general queries. It will take up another month or even more. So if it there’s an urgency, please forward me your email with a reminder)
– I may take up a few new campaigns and projects from my favorite brands. But not all!
– I shall be working on the blog posts; most probably the pending ones on the draft box. (You will definitely find them all interesting!)
– The writers’ products will be dispatched; but it will take a week or two. (I’m even including a few more to the list! Shopping from Amazon this week!)
– I’ll be writing more on this (Just Like That) series. I’ve a LOT to talk! I literally have no social life outside this blog. I’ve no people to talk to other than my family members. (It’s a personal choice! I’m not much into socializing. I’ve been this way since years!) so I feel a lot more better spending my time here; sharing things with you!
At the end, my family will my first priority over anything. I’m hoping for the best to happen! I strongly believe I’ll get back to blogging in full form. I also believe I’ll be able to run the business successfully! But if there’s a need in my family, I won’t hesitate to make a temporary quit. And I shall of course be announcing the same to you. All I ask for is your continued support!
Thanks for the never ending emails asking why no new post on the blog! Nothing more can make a blogger happier. Honestly saying, not even the $$$ on my adsense account can make me feel happier as a reader email does! Your trust keeps my motivation alive. Once again, I value each one of you. I thank you from my heart!
Much love! ♥