I’m here with my second update on the 30 days Subscribe to Smooth challenge by Gillette Venus! Ever since I started using their product, I’ve been loving my smooth skin more than ever before! I’ve just completed two weeks of my challenge and today, I’ll be busting few common myths related to shaving and I shall also be sharing few quick tips on shaving, from my own experience.
Following are the two common myths I wanted to talk about first. I’ve been asked a lot about these since I started my challenge.
Do I experience dry or flaky skin?: NO! I actually was worried that my skin will turn dry after shaving as I’ve heard and read a lot about it! But what happens is, my skin never gets dry after shaving. Skin on my legs turns normally dry, especially in cold weather but shaving doesn’t make it more drier than usual. I use my regular body lotion and I’m fine with it! Morever, the closer shave gives my skin a smooth, glossy look. The lotion glides and absorb with ease. I could find no more flakiness present on my skin!
Does shaving change your skin color? : I don’t think any amount of shaving will turn your skin different colored! May be too much of shaving (without following proper instructions) may lead to dryness and dullness of skin, which is temporary however shaving has no other impact on your natural skin color! I’ve already used the razor for more than 4 times on my legs and they are still the same! I use this Gillette Satin Care shave gel every time to ensure a gentle shave! I don’t find a bit of shade change that happens with hair removal creams. (More about that on next update!)
5 Tips on Shaving from My Experience
- Before shaving, examine your skin for burns and cuts. I NEVER recommend to continue the process if you see any cuts/bruises on your skin. Healthy skin is the best to start with!
- Wet your skin before you start the whole shaving process! It loosens up the hair strand and makes it easier. I’ve already read about dry shaving but yet to give that a try! (More on that on my last post of this series!)
- Always use a good shaving gel/creme to get the smooth, even finish without being harsh to your skin. It makes sure your sensitive skin stays safe during the process of shaving. I apply the Gillette Venus Aloe Vera shave gel after I wet my skin with water.
- Using a good shaving razor is the most important factor when it comes to choosing shaving as your hair removal method. The blades should be sharp enough; and at the same time they should not hurt/harm your skin in any way! Men and women have differences in their skin type and hence, I strongly recommend you to get a quality razor meant for women to get rid of the extra hair on your body. Gillette Venus is my current favorite as I get a smooth skin without really hurting my skin even a bit! (It’s a good thing keeping in mind I’m a beginner)
- After you finish shaving your skin, gently wash the area with clean water and put on your moisturizer to seal the moisture. Shaving may take away the natural oils from your skin since the razor does its work. Hence, it is a must to slather your body lotion/creme to prevent your skin from drying out! If you’ve extra dry skin, keep a close eye on this.
So overall, I’m happy with the challenge and I’m willing to use the product again! Gillette Venus is a quick, no-chemical involving process of hair removal; I use it and I can see myself leaning more towards shaving these days! You can easily get the product from Flipkart here, here and here.
On coming weeks, I’ll be talking more about my bad experiences with other hair removal methods and I shall also be busting few more myths related to shaving! Meanwhile, do check out Gillette Venus’s Facebook App and Twitter handle to stay updated. If you have any queries on mind, feel free to write them to me! Much love.