My ill health started troubling me a lot after this new year (chickenpox) but now I feel tad relieved that I am recovering. Thank you all for your kind messages and emails!
I got this lovely red colored saree from Sareez.com last December! I wore it twice since then! Today, I’ll be doing an OOTD post wearing the saree! I’d also love to share few ideas on wearing a red saree which you will find at the end of this post.
The saree is made of chiffon and brasso! It is a red and black saree that carries a beautiful beige-black-golden border. I won’t call it a light-weight saree as it has a decent amount of embellishments (floral, leaf and stone work) however it is also not a heavy one. I felt comfortable wearing the saree all day long! The color combination and the looks of the saree makes it a perfect party wear! The partially see through black pallu adds the glam factor without making it too-revealing! The blouse is bright red in color and comes with a piece of silk fabric (stitched). A petticoat was also provided with the saree when I received it!
Price : Rs.2171
Note : The pictures below were clicked way back in December when I was doing fine! Now that I’ve got these ugly chickenpox marks all over my skin, I am sorry that I couldn’t click better pictures! I’ll be doing more OOTD posts once I recover. And please ignore my no makeup-tired face and messy hair. These are just random mirror selfies that I clicked after a long tiring day.
Tips to Wear a Red Saree:
1. Pick a red that suits you : Though red is a universal flattering shade, wearing ‘your type of red’ will enhance your looks in no time! A red saree with silver border will look great if you have a cool skin undertone however a golden/beige border will make you a gorgeous-queen if you are warm toned! Though it can be mix and matched, do keep in mind the shade of your skin, undertone and choose the ‘red’ accordingly!
2. Lipstick : Wearing your lipstick dark or light is your wish but make sure it is from the same family of ‘reds’ as that of your saree. Wearing a dark berry lipstick with a tomato red saree will not make it nice! Either, opt for a bright red (if you can carry it) or just go for corals and soft red shades if you want a simpler, yet an elegant look! I am so waiting to pair Pure Rouge from the newly launched L’Oreal Paris Star Collection Reds Range with this saree!
3. Don’t make everything red : If you’ve already selected the right red lipstick to wear with your saree, make sure you don’t choose reds again with your blush and your eye shadow! This will look more dramatic than elegant. Opt for a mild neutral eye shadow or do a smokey eye look. Wear a soft blush/bronzer that highlights your cheek!
4. Accessories : Golden clutch/footwear will take your look to another level if you are wearing a red saree with a gold border! It will make you look like a goddess if you don’t overdo it. When you are adding much gold to your accessories, make sure you wear light jewelry that looks beautiful and simple! Platinum and silver jewelry will look great if paired up with a plain/silver bordered red saree.
5. Base Makeup : I don’t know if it is the same for you but I feel my skin looks great whenever I wear reds! Being warm toned, I have a deep-dusky skin. I always make sure that I wear minimal makeup whenever I wear a red saree! If to parties, a full-coverage concealer would do BUT layering your makeup too much to achieve that bright skin is not going to help with your looks! Do your makeup right; not too less; not too much!
Overall, I am very much impressed with this saree from Sareez, which happens to be one of the best sites to buy sarees online in India! Their service is also appreciable. Other than sarees, they also sell lehenga and salwar kameez. My order reached me within 3-4 days though they say it is a 7-day-delivery. The product was packed well in a box! I am sure I’ll be placing more orders with them in future! Do check out the site and don’t forget to share your comments below on how you accessorize a red saree!