Hi MABH readers,
My skin used to be glowing and smooth but due to sun tanning it turned dull. I used a homemade ubtan and it worked well. It cleared my blemishes and made my skin bright. After getting an advice from a friend, I scrubbed my skin for 10-12 minutes harshly while removing the ubtan. In few weeks, my skin turned very dull again. Now, my homemade ubtan recipe which consists of sandalwood powder, rose water and cream doesn’t work anymore! Is my skin dead? or damaged? Kindly let me know how can I get my original skin texture and complexion back. Thanks a lot in advance!
Scrubbing is a process of dead skin removal. It also helps with reducing sun tan if done the proper way. The mixture you used for the ubtan sounds really good. Sandalwood, turmeric, rose water etc. are all naturally good for your skin. However, excessive scrubbing is always BAD! You mentioned that your skin has turned dull again. It could be due to over scrubbing as you doubt. However, sun exposure, some ingridients, lack of sleep and improper diet can also cause dull skin. Once you start using any kind of tan removal, skin lightening treatment, you should AVOID sun exposure. Your skin turns more photo-sensitive, i.e sensitive to sunlight and hence, when you exposure your skin to the light, it turns dull and dark (Usually more when compared to the times you are not in your skin treatment) And coming to the ingredients, which sandalwood powder you use? If in case it is not pure, it might be the culprit as well. Do check it.
Now comes the solution for your problem. Do read the following things carefully and follow them.
1. No! Your skin is not at all dead! It might have slightly damaged due to the above mentioned reasons however, your skin is not DEAD!
2. Scrubbing your skin is not at all wrong. But make it like 2-3 minutes and never ever do it harshly. Scrub gently with your finger tips without hurting your skin. It ensures the removal of impurities and dead skin cells.
3. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible. Use a good sunscreen even if it is a cloudy day. When you use ubtans, face packs and bleaches, your skin turns more photo sensitive. So its get more dull if you expose it to the harmful UV ways.
4. Use cooling and relaxing face packs made of fruits. They will help you heal your damaged skin fast. Avoid harsh bleaches and lightening products. Mashed banana combined with milk and honey can be used as an everyday face pack. A homemade face pack with red sandalwood can also help you heal your skin fast. It adds glow to the skin as well!
5. Use a mixture of coconut milk and pure aloe vera gel on your skin. It calms down the skin and improves the texture of it.
6. Start using your ubtan recipe again once you feel your skin is getting normal. It will work fine this time. Make sure the ingredients are pure and natural. You can also check this unique skin brightening ubtan recipe.
All the very best!