How are you all? I am new to MABH and so I am super excited about my first article here. Today I am sharing a magic recipe with you all. This is homemade cashew and almond lip scrub. This scrub helped me a lot to get rid of dry and dead cell layers on the pouts. This scrub also helped me to reduce dark black patches on my lips. This is definitely a very easy to make formula but truly it has done magic to my lips. Please go through to know more.
- 6-7 fresh cashew nuts
- 3-4 almonds
- Almond oil
- Rose water
Note : I have used here Humdard rogan badam sirin (almond oil) and I am using a local brand as very known rose water – Dabur gulabri jal doesn’t suit me at all.
Cashew : They are rich in micro nutrients and they also contain vitamins like Pantothenic acid, niacin etc which are very good for you skin.
Almonds : I don’t have to say much about the beauty benefits of almonds as you all are aware of them.
How to Make?:
- Soak the cashew and almonds in water for some time. You may soak them for whole night if you have planned to do it on the next day.
- Peel off the almonds. Now take the cashews and almonds in a mortar or a pot where you can crush them thoroughly. Make sure that you are not going to totally paste them as you are going to make a lip scrub not cream.
- Add rose water to ease the crushing procedure. You may also use water but I have used rose water for an extra boost. Heheh!
- After evenly crushing them add 10-12 drops of almonds oil and mix them well.
- Now your lip scrub is ready!
I told earlier that this lip scrub had made wonder to my lips. I always use lip balms and they never help totally to cure the dead skin on the upper surface of lips. But after using this scrub my lips are just smooth and dark patches are reducing day by day. I am using it in every alternate day. You may also use it in one or two days in a week. Some lipsticks need an exfoliated lip for even and better application. So you may use it before applying your lipstick also.
By the way, I can not resist myself using it on my face too. And voila.. my skin is more smooth and even after applying this scrub. I have oily skin but still it did a better job to my skin as well. So girls, if you have any black patch or dry lips you may give it a try. Have a good day. See you soon!