Here I am back with another DIY post. Ever since I have tried my homemade hair spa & got excellent result, I got pretty much hooked up into homemade beauty treatments. They are easy to make, free from chemicals & gives you a kind of satisfactory feeling that ‘Yes, I made it & its working’.
I am basically a huge coffee and for me, my Dad makes the tastiest coffee in this world. I have to have at least a cup of coffee made by my Dad every single day. I have always wanted to incorporate coffee into my skincare regime as I am simply obsessed with its aroma and have often fantasized of my beauty products smelling like coffee (I know it sounds a little weird)!! As they say a lot can happen over a cup of coffee, so one fine sunny morning with a cup of coffee in my hand, I started toying with several ‘permutation combination’ to add coffee in my skincare routine and after a few trial and error I came up with this easy to make, amazing coffee scrub.
So today I am going to share my ‘brainchild’ with all you beautiful ladies out there!!
Things you will need:
- Grounded coffee
- Olive oil
- Powdered sugar
1. Take a tsp of olive oil and heat it slightly. The idea is actually to warm the oil.
2. Now add 1 tsp of honey into the olive oil and mix them nicely.
3. Stir the coffee grounds in olive oil and honey mixture. Add grounds until you are satisfied with the level of consistency. Keep in mind that while adding coffee grounds, the olive oil & honey mixture should be warm as the warmth will help to incorporate coffee’s beneficial compounds into the paste (I read this in a beauty magazine).
4. Next add the half tsp powdered sugar and a pinch of salt into the paste.
5. That’s it. Your coffee scrub is absolutely ready to use. At this point, you can also add your choice of essential oil (For example: tea tree) or if you like to keep this scrub for few days, add some sea-salt into it and put it into an air-tight container once the mixture cools off.
Benefits of the scrub:
- Coffee : Coffee is a rich source of anti-oxidants, makes skin smooth & bright & enhances blood circulation.
- Olive oil : Olive oil is a perfect moisturizer for dry skin & it has regenerative power over our skin tissues. It keeps our skin soft & smooth as well as firm & toned.
- Honey : Honey is well known for its anti-oxidants, anti-bacterial & moisturizing properties. Honey also helps to open up pores & thus making them easy to unclog.
- Sugar and Salt : Sugar & salt together makes an excellent exfoliator for the skin. If you want you can skip the salt. Since my skin requires a heavy-duty scrub, so I use both sugar & salt.
Why I love this scrub?:
My job requires me to spend almost 9-10 hours in air-conditioned room and naturally my skin feels dry and stretchy. So I badly needed a great scrub to get rid of this dryness and bring the glow back to my skin. And trust me, this scrub has fared me really well. It is amazing. I use it twice a week. It cleanses the skin really, really well and gives a nice afterglow which lasts for around 4 hours. My skin feels firm and nicely toned everytime I use this.
With regular usage it also helps to reduce black heads, white heads and marks. Since I have got a very satisfactory result on my skin, so I also tried the scrub on my hands and legs and it hasn’t disappointed me at all. The scrub is super easy to make & guess what, you will need maximum of 5 minutes to prepare it. And last but not the least, I simply love the smell of this scrub. It exactly smells like coffee.. that heavenly and energizing smell of freshly brewed coffee!!
Go for it girls. I am sure you will love it! 🙂