Lately I’m in my ‘Lets try a DIY’ mode. I’ve tried many DIYs including the crayon lip balm shown on MABH. And today my article is also about a super easy DIY! :)
I love applying a blush as blushing to me not just means adding a pop of color to cheeks but if done properly it can work as good as contouring and help you highlight your face in a great way. I am sure that almost all you makeup lovers here are aware that cream blushes are really expensive and if you are on a a budget you wouldn’t be apply to experience the magic cream blushing. But don’t be sad because today in my article I’ll be showing you’ll how to prepare a cream blush at home without having to spend much.
Things you’ll need:
- Petroleum jelly
- Powder blush or eye shadow of your choice
- A stick to scrape the eye shadow and to mix the cream blush
1. Put some petroleum jelly in a container. Note in this DIY I’ve used Vaseline germ protect petroleum jelly along with its container because I was feeling too lazy to transfer it in another container. You can use any petroleum jelly of your choice.
2. Next thing you do is scrape the powder blush of your choice with the help of a scraper or any pointed stick. Put the powder in the container containing the petroleum jelly. Note that if you want your blush to be darker use more of the powder blush and if you want a lightly pigmented cream blush then add only a little powder to the jelly.
3. Then mix, mix and mix the two things until every lump has disappeared and all you see a beautiful colored smooth jelly.
4. This step is optional and I’ve skipped it because I’m a lazy lass. But if you’re not lazy like me and you want your cream blush to look smoother, then melt the mixture using double boiler and then let it cool down at room temperature.
And you’re all set to use your cream blush. It is super easy to use and blend and inexpensive. Also trust me it stays for a long time without creasing or fading but do make sure you have done up a proper base for your makeup. This DIY cream blush is also ideal for being used as a highlighter just incase you don’t have one. And , and you can also use it as a cream eye shadow but definitely with proper primer.
If hope you liked this DIY. Do try it at home and let us know whether you liked it or not! Looking forward to come up with better DIYs in the next post.
Take care until next time. :)