This is my first post for MABH and I am so excited for that. Today I am going to share an ayurvedic hair mask recipe. The other day, I was reading a survey on hair problems, where it has been described that 9/10 girls suffer from hair problems. We use so many terms like ‘hair fall’, ‘dandruff’, ‘frizz’ and etc. to describe our hair problems and the only solution and priority should be that keeping the hair healthy as much as possible. Given the list of chemicals in a hair product now-a-days, it is better to stay away from them. It says that ayurveda has cure for everything so once a week I apply this hair mask to keep my hair healthy and free from all the problems.
- 1 cup of homemade curd. (Try homemade and not bought from shop)
- Reetha (soap nuts)
- Dried amla
- Multani Mitti (Optional; Only the beauties with oily scalp can use it)
- Dried petals of red hibiscus flower. (sun dry them for 4-5 days)
Do also check:
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Boil the reetha in clean water making it soft and mash with your hand.
2. Boil the amla and add in the same bowl.
3. Add the dried hibiscus petals and the curd. (Add multani mitti if you have oily scalp) to the mixture.
4. With the help of your hand mash the mixture well and keep it aside overnight.
5. Drain the particles and separate it from the mixture.
Apply this hair mask in your roots and massage gently. Then leave it for 1 hour undisturbed. Wash off with any mild shampoo or reetha and shikakai shampoo.
- This hair pack will add shine in your hair.
- It prevents hair fall to a large extent.
- It also improves the thickness of hair.
- Above all, it makes the hair soft and healthy.
Curd : We all know the benefits of curd when it comes to hair mask. In fact, I have seen that 80% of the hair masks use curd. It is a natural moisturizer for hair and enhances the smoothness by curing the dry ends.
Amla and Reetha : Amla controls hair fall and it penetrate the scalp and strengthen roots. Reetha powder nourishes the hair making it shiny, clean and healthy.
Multani mitti : It is used to control the oily scalp. It also cleanses the scalp effectively.
Red hibiscus petals : They are used to promote the growth of hair and removes dandruff.
Do try this hair pack at home this weekend and let me know how it has been helpful to your hair!