we all follow the regular shampoo-conditioning routine to maintain our hair at home. In addition to this we frequently visit salons for hair treatments and hair spas. Salon treatments are based on chemicals and repeated usage can lead to damaged hair. Shampoos and conditioners are usually loaded with chemicals especially parabens which are harmful for hair. Here are few ways in which you can get salon like treated hair naturally at home without spending money on salon products. All you need are few easily available ingredients at home and little time to pamper your hair with the goodness of nature. In this post I’ll share few such natural tips to get beautiful hair at home.
1. Honey Shampoo: Honey shampoo is very nourishing & it makes hair soft & shiny. This is how you can make it at home. Take 2 table spoons of honey; mix it with 2 table spoons of water and two drops of rosemary oil. Apply this mixture to your hair. Rinse well and wash it off. Use twice a week to get beautiful hair naturally. Honey has antibacterial properties that help to cure itchy scalp due to bacterial infections.
2. Baking soda Shampoo: This is one of the most economical and effective homemade shampoo. Baking soda is easily available in our kitchen. Take 2 table spoons of baking soda and mix it with little water. Apply this mixture to your hair. Rinse well and wash off with water. Repeat once if required. This shampoo is very effective in cleaning dirt and sebum accumulated in your hair. It is not harsh to the hair and works well with all hair types.
Natural Hair Conditioners
3. Avocado Conditioner: Avocado helps to restore natural oil in hair. Mash a ripe avocado and mix it with 2 table spoons of olive oil. Apply this mixture to wet hair strands. Leave on for 5 minutes then wash it off with water. Avocado is also useful for hair growth; regular use of this conditioner can boost hair growth naturally and help to get rid of dry hair problems.
4.Vinegar Conditioner: Apple cider vinegar is good hair conditioner and makes hair soft and manageable. For this, mix 2 table spoons of vinegar to 2 table spoons of water. Apply this mixture along your hair strands focussing at the tips. Leave on for 5 minutes then rinse it off with water. Vinegar helps to soothe scalp and restore the pH balance of hair.
Natural hair masks
5. Egg Yolk Hair Mask: Eggs are protein rich and contain fats too. Take an egg yolk and mix it with 2 table spoons of olive oil. Apply this mask to your damp hair and keep it for 20 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Shampoo your hair with your regular shampoo after this. Use this egg yolk mask twice a month for best results.
6. Banana Hair Mask: Banana is rich in iron and potassium content and helps to improve hair texture. To make a banana hair mask you will need to mask a banana with fork and mix it with 2 table spoons of honey. Apply this mask to hair and leave on for 20 minutes. Then wash off with water. Shampoo your hair to remove any residue.
For Oiling: Mix coconut oil, olive oil and essential oil like rosemary oil in equal proportion. Apply this mixture of oils to your hair focussing on the roots. Wrap up a towel soaked in warm water in your hair. Keep it on for 20 minutes. This hot oil procedure will let the moisture enter your root tips and make your hair healthier and shinier.
For Conditioning: Apply vinegar diluted with water to your hair. Rinse off well after 5 minutes. Pat your hair dry, comb your hair.
For Hair mask: Apply any of the mask mentioned above and keep this mask on your hair for 20 minutes. Rinse well and wash off with water.
Do not wash your hair daily as it strips off natural oil from hair. Wash your hair in every 3-4 days. Do not use chemical based products on your hair as they may harm the quality of your hair.
Eat a lot of green vegetables to get enough nutrients for your hair, Follow these above tips to get health, shiny and beautiful hair at home naturally. I hope you found this article helpful. Please share your comments below. :)