Hope you all are doing amazing. This is my first review on MABH & I am so excited!! :D Today I’m going to review a hair straightening kit – It is ‘Wella Straighten it Intense N/R for very curly hair’.
My hair is very difficult to style, is frizzy, dry, wavy & often becomes curly if I leave it open. But but wait a second.. that is an old story. Now my hair is long & beautiful, smooth, soft, shiny & straight and all the credit goes to this magical kit.
I was craving to get my hair straightened permanently but my mom was totally unhappy with the idea of spending 12000 bucks for a treatment that would last only for 6 months and would end up ruining my hair texture . So I bought this kit and did the straightening by myself. I will tell you about my straightening process but before that lets come back to our product.
Price and Quantity:
Rs.450 for Straightening cream 100 ml & Neutralizer 100 ml
Directions to use:
I’ve shortened the steps & explained them in an easy way, so let’s begin. ;)
1. First you need to iron your hair properly & make sure no curls are left.
2. Then fill a non-metallic bowl with straightening cream & apply it evenly on your hair working on each strand perfectly. Note that you are not supposed to apply the cream on the scalp.
3. Make sure you comb your hair once after you are done applying the cream and once before rinsing it. Keep the cream for 45 minutes.
4. Rinse your hair thoroughly.
5. The next step is to blow dry your hair completely but I would suggest you let it dry naturally (I hate blow drying it makes my hair more dry and unmanageable).
6. Then iron your hair again. Make to do it perfectly thrice or maybe four five times because this step is really important if you make a mistake here maybe you won’t get desirable results.
7. Then apply the neutralizer just the way you applied straightening cream. Keep it again for 45 minutes.
8. Rinse your hair and let it dry. You will get totally transformed straight hair :)
My take on the product:
The kit comes in a classy silver and orange box. Box contains two tubes one is the straightening cream in red and orange metallic tube and another one is the neutralizer in a white plastic tube. Comes with an instruction leaflet which I threw away long back :P
I love the appearance of the kit as well as the tubes it contains. Now coming to the texture and color , both the creams are white in color and have a creamy texture ( I don’t need to mention this they’re creams after all , stupid me :P ) The straightening cream has a thick consistency . The neutralizer cream has a medium consistency, it drips when you are applying it.
I hate the smell of the straightening cream. It is awful; Imagine bearing it for 45 minutes. But then to gain something you have to lose something. Never mind ;)
The neutralizer has a mild pleasant smell :) (My hair length is till waist level so I had to use three tubes)
I am in love with this product. It transformed my hair completely. It made my hair beautifully straight & smooth. In fact, I feel my hair is healthier than before and the problems of frizzy and damaged hair have disappeared after this treatment. Styling is much easier now. I adore my hair so much :heart:
My Hair After Straightening:
What I like about the product?:
- Makes hair straight & beautiful
- Makes hair frizz-free
- Makes styling easy
- Gives you a neat look
- Available in stores (At least in Mumbai it is)
What I don’t like about the product?:
- I hate the smell of the straightening cream (Although I shouldn’t be complaining about it because it is A chemical straightening process)
- Doesn’t come with gloves
- 1 kit is not enough for long hair
MABH Rating: 4.8/5
Will I repurchase or recommend?:
Absolutely. I will use it again when I want to straighten my hair permanently and will recommend to everyone who wants to get their hair permanently straightened.