If you are invited to parties, you no doubt have to go dressed up specially wearing some good makeup and some special attire and if it’s your friend’s birthday party that you are invited to, then the occasion is indeed very special where most of the invitees will perhaps be from among your friend circle only and that’ll make the party out and out rocking, merry, lively and a time to indulge into some flamboyant merriment and fun-making.
If the friend to whose birthday party you are invited is a very special friend of yours you have every reason to show off what a fashionista you are and how good you are at wearing make ups and even if he or she is just a common friend of yours, it’s a ‘friend’s birthday’ invitation after all. So you have enough reason to feel free, happy, peppy and buoyant about it, manifest your makeup skills most vibrantly so that you get specially noticed as the birthday girl’s or birthday boy’s best pal.
That is my way of thinking and very recently I had been to one of my friend’s birthday party where I was showered heavily with compliments on my makeup and looks. Here I would share with you all, my makeup look for my friend’s birthday. I don’t like overdoing makeup. It gives your face a plastic effect and makes you look artificial. While wearing makeup you should keep in mind the theme of a party be it a birthday party or any other party. When you are wearing your makeup for a party night also you have to take into account the kind of outfit, the color of the outfit you are to wear for the night. That again depends on the venue of the party; i.e. whether it is an in-house party or a club night party.
Steps to do Makeup for Your Friend’s Birthday:
I wore a heavily embroidered spaghetti strap black Chiffon Kurti with red leggings for the party.
1. To start with my makeup ritual for the party, first of all I cleansed my face thoroughly with a gel cleanser (my skin is oily).
2. Then I applied a very thin film of an extremely light aqua base moisturizer followed by a foundation matching with my skin tone. I used a powder puff to thoroughly blend the foundation.
3. Next I used the eye pencil on my brows for light shading to get a perfect brow shape.
4. Then I used eyeliner for lining my eyes. My eyes are the best features on my face and so I pay special heed to eye makeup. I love the bold lining for eyes and thus always opt for liquid liners. My hands are steady enough and so using the liquid liner isn’t a problem for me. I used the liquid black eyeliner.
5. The next step was application of eye shadow. I wanted to give my eyes a smokey effect and so went for a mix of gold shades for base and blue and purple for the top layers. To sport the perfect smokey eyes you need to blend the shades thoroughly for which a dome brush is just ideal.
6. Then I used 2-3 coats of my favorite mascara to curl up my lashes. It gives me really beautiful long curled up lashes and I never miss mascara when it comes to eye makeup.
7. Also I made sure to use concealer below my eyes because any dark circle can totally spoil the eye makeup.
8. The next step was applying some blusher to my cheeks. Well I have a wheatish complexion and so went for a peach shade, swinging the brush right up and out on my authentic cheeks.
9. Then I applied a little champagne shade powder highlighter on my nose bridge to make it look slender. Of course the reason for this is that I am not very pleased with the shape of my nose.
10. The final step was lip make up which started with lip lining. My lower lip is a little fuller. So I lined the lower lip slightly above its original line to make it look thinner and then applied a magenta colored lipstick.
11. Finally I glossed my lipstick with a lip gloss, but the gloss effect was subtle with only a light shine, and that completed my makeup look for my friend’s birthday.
I left my hair open, matched my look with sleek strappy and dangling earrings to complete the gorgeous party wear getup. :)
Image sources: 1