Perfect makeup requires years of practice and skill. One needs to be free to work on their own contours and know what is good for them and what is not. Perfect makeup may be a bit too much to ask from those who are starting out on their makeup journey but there are some things that are considered as dreadful and sin in the makeup world. Today we present the most dreadful makeup sins.
Also Read: Top 4 Beginner Makeup Mistakes
1. Checking Makeup in Different Light Conditions: So your makeup looked fine in daylight when you left home; but are you sure it will look the same in your corporate office? Makeup and shades look different with different lighting conditions and hence need to be checked beforehand to see if it looks good in all lighting conditions. You don’t want to look like the odd one out in the office/party, do you?
2. Foundation Woes: Foundation or base is an important part of any good makeup. Finding the right foundation for you is a tough job and matching the foundation is even more difficult. But there’s no bigger sin than wearing two shades deeper or lighter than your skin tone. Makeup especially base should be done with a alight hand to keep you looking less caked up.
Mismatched face and neck and fairer or darker shades make for the most common makeup sin. It is quite common in India where girls have a craze for fair skin and they feel a lighter foundation shade would do the trick. But what it does is that it makes people look ghastly and very odd. Be confident of your own skin and choose a shade which matches to your face.
3. Layering Products: Makeup is meant to highlight what God gave you and it should not be a way of becoming someone you are not. Too much use of makeup or layering makeup will make you look cakey and weird. Too much makeup also clogs pores and makes them even more large and visible. So keep makeup to a minimum. If you want a natural yet presentable look use sheer coverage and use makeup products that are very necessary.
4. Lipstick and Lip Liner Mismatch: We know wearing a darker lip liner to line the lips was a trend some years ago but it simply looks very unnatural. Lip liners should be used only when you have an exact same shade lipstick to wear on op. The neutral lip liner can be used under any lipstick but never line the lips with a darker shade.
5. Too Much Contouring/Bronzing/Highlighter: Contouring is good for the appearance as it defines the natural depths. And contours of the face and can effectively make a face look slimmer or make one’s cheekbones more prominent. But too much of contouring is not good for the look. Also too much bronzing is not good even if you are trying to look like the perfect bronzed princess. Unless you are naturally dusky you will never be able to look like the perfect bronzed goddess. Also too much highlighting may result in one looking too shiny. Keep a light hand and only highlight slightly.
6. Too Much Blush: Blush gives slight color to the cheeks and helps to give you a finished natural look with a slight color. But too much blush will make you look like a clown. If you’re fairly new to makeup then keep practicing your application and don’t only highlight the apples of your cheek and swipe the color towards the temple for a more natural look. Use colors similar to your natural skin tone to look more natural.
7. Eyebrow Problem: Eyebrows are an important part of your total appearance and plucking them in the right way may make a great difference to your looks. It is ok to fill-in if you have light brows but it is never justifiable to totally go brow less and then use pencils to fill in your desired shape. Choose a shape that is good for your face and stick with it.
So these were the makeup sins we feel are very common yet should be avoided altogether. Some more sins include wearing bright lipstick/gloss with a smokey eye or extravagant eye makeup or patchy makeup.
What’s your most dreaded makeup skin??? Have you been guilty of any of the makeup sins mentioned above???
Image source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5