If you want to look like a nymph of beauty it is your skin which you should start perfecting in the first place. A perfect skin is the key to a perfect flawless beauty. So it’s not your makeup what makes you beautiful but it’s a smooth glowing spotless skin. Today one common complaint that all beauty conscious ladies make is that their skin tone is turning uneven. Now what is this uneven skin tone? It is actually the unbalanced or irregular skin texture or skin coloration.
In our infancy, our skin was definitely soft, delicate and had an even skin tone but with the passing years it lost that evenness of skin tone due to one or many factors like age-related wrinkling of skin, hyper pigmentation, freckles, acne and acne scars, blotches and patchiness of skin, excessive tanning, sun spots and sunburns, excessive use of chemical cosmetics and so on.
Uneven skin tone of course robs you of much of your natural beauty. So all who wish to update their looks and learn new skincare tips would first want to know about the best skincare tips for even skin tone. Well, girls here I’ll share with you all, my own skincare tips for even skin tone:
1. Effective skin cleansing: The root of all skin issues is the germs, contaminants, dirt etc trapped in our skin pores and thus sufficient cleansing should be the first step to get an even skin tone. It is best if you use a Salicylic acid facial cleanser or an herbal cleanser, specifically the tea tree oil face washes. Salicylic acid, a beta hydroxyl group acid will offer your skin thorough cleansing, rather deep pore cleansing knocking out all trapped dirt and dead skin cells from your skin pores.
Your skin will get to breathe and this will no doubt give your skin a natural glow instantly. If you are using the herbal tea tree oil cleanser, the cleanser serves a 2-in-1 function; i.e. it cleanses your skin quite well plus the light tea tree oil penetrates the skin pores easily healing at the same time, the skin that’s damaged by sun tanning or sunburns. So now you know how important cleansing is for getting an even skin tone.
2. Exfoliation: Our skin loses its natural color, turns patchy also because of the numerous dead cells that keep collecting on our skin’s top layer from time to time. If you exfoliate the skin regularly you can avoid the problem of uneven skin tone to a great extent. For exfoliating purpose you can use homemade exfoliating scrubs or even purchase ready made scrubs from market.
For my homemade exfoliating scrubs I prefer the salt and lemon juice scrub recipe and the oatmeal and honey scrub recipe. However remember not to rub your skin too hard while scrubbing and rinse off with lukewarm water after you are done with it. You can even use an electrical exfoliating machine with a rotating head for this step.
3. Sun blocks: Often many of us are apprehensive about wearing sun blocks or sunscreens on our skin. We think that’ll aggravate our existing skin problems but actually that is one fatal mistake we commit. By not wearing a sunscreen we inviting more problematic skin issues like sun spots, burns and tanning into our lives making our skin tone even more uneven. So if you wish to get respite from that problem wear a sunscreen that comes with at least SPF 30. It will have the required protective spectrum to protect you from the harmful UV Radiation of the sun.
Also take other necessary protective measures like wearing sunglasses, broad-beamed hats and so on. Exposure to UVR not only gives you bad tanning, sun spots and burns but also causes premature aging commonly called ‘photo-aging’ and these all lead to uneven skin tone.
4. Skin Whitening Facial Masks: Use some natural skin tone lightening facial masks at home. My favorites are: A mask made out of a mixture of papaya pulp, dried orange rind powder and lemon juice, then a mask made out of raw milk, turmeric powder and rose water, a mask made out of yoghurt and chickpea flour and so on. These masks can remove tan, blemishes on your skin and even your skin tone to a great extent.
5. Switch to proper diet & give your system enough hydration: If your overall health is sound, it will show on your skin as well. So include lots of fresh fruits, greens in your daily diet plus hydrate your system thoroughly by drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water per day. This will cleanse your system by flushing out toxins from your body and the problem of patchy skin, blemishes or uneven skin tone will automatically disappear.
So these are my 5 best skincare tips for even skin tone. Do you have a tip?
Image source: 1