‘She walks in beauty, like the night/of cloudless climes and starry skies; / And all that’s best of dark and bright/Meet in her aspect and her eyes’ That is how the famous English poet Lord Byron describes the beauty of women. A woman since time immemorial has been considered as a marvelous creation by the Almighty where god with all his deft touches has made her beautiful from head to foot.
And women who are beauty conscious always tend to look upon the men’s world for a sort of appreciation. Their beautification rites, all the efforts made by them to enhance their beauty after all revolves round one key goal; i.e. to get appreciations and compliments from their man and women have discovered this secret that men prefer women with long hair.
They find long haired women more feminine, more sexually appealing. Hence women have tried to grow their tresses long and healthy to ensnare the heart of the man for whom they have a soft corner perhaps. There are many ways to grow your hair long. But it all depends on your genetics and your general health how much actually you are going to respond to those treatments.
If you want a safe way to grow your hair long, it’s best to resort to herbal therapy according to me. Here are the 10 best herbs for long hair that I have discovered through my research and practical usage and thus sharing with you all:
Best Herbs for Long Hair:
1. Henna leaves: You all probably know about henna leaves and what wonderful filigree motifs the paste made out of henna leaves can do on your palm in the form of Mehendi. Mehendi is a must for Indian women in almost all types of auspicious celebrations but you must also know that the same Henna leaves can help your hair grow long enough. You need to boil about 10-15 henna leaves in coconut oil (100 grams) over low flame. Once you don’t hear the spluttering sound any more you are done with it. Strain the oil, preserve it in airtight jar. Massage scalp daily with this oil and feel the remarkable positive change in the rate of hair growth.
2. Aloe Vera: We all know about the benefits of aloe vera on our skin but have you ever thought, it can give you long hair too? Yes girls, the Aloe Vera gel is a miracle gel with multi-faceted benefits. Just extract the gel or sap by scraping a section of the Aloe leaves. Mingle it with unscented herbal hair oil of your choice and heat the mixture over low flame in a saucepan. Once spluttering stops, strain oil and preserve in airtight jar. Massage scalp daily with this oil and your hair will grow pretty long within few days.
3. Chamomile: Another herb that proves helpful for long hair is Chamomile. The essential oil of chamomile can be massaged onto scalp to make your hair grow long quite fast. It is a great therapy for sensitive scalp. You won’t get any sort of scalp infection or hair loss problem.
4. Horsetail: Another very useful long hair herb is horsetail. Boil this herb in 1 liters of water until it becomes half the amount. Strain and keep aside the horsetail herb tea. Allow it to cool. While rinsing your hair, use this tea for final rinsing. You can do this therapy every alternate day.
5. False Daisy: The herb false daisy also can give you long thick hair. It even prevents hair loss, dandruff and any other types of scalp infection. You will get the powdered leaves of the false daisy herb in packaged form in herbal stores. Mix it with lukewarm water to make a thick smooth paste. Apply this hair mask twice a week to get awesome long hair!
6. Hibiscus: Another herb which can stimulate greatly the hair follicles of your scalp, thereby allowing your hair to grow long faster is hibiscus. You have to mingle the powdered form of dry hibiscus flower with lukewarm to make a thick smooth paste and apply all over your scalp in the form of a hair mask. This mask too is to be applied twice a week.
- DIY Hibiscus Hair Pack to Prevent Hair Fall
- Hibiscus Flower Infused Mustard Hair Oil For Hair Growth
7. Indian Gooseberry: Indian Gooseberry or Amla is another herb which can do wonders in making your hair, grow long faster. It’s full of antioxidants and Vitamin C that induce hair growth. You can massage hot Amla oil on your scalp or even mingle it with coconut oil.
8. Lemon seed: Lemon seed therapy can give you really long hair. What you have to do is grind lemon seeds, fenugreek seeds and black pepper in equal portions to a fine dust, add some water to make a smooth thick paste and apply this hair mask on your scalp. This is an incredible hair mask for long hair.
9. Elderflower: Elderflower can also make your hair grow long. You have to boil the flowers over low flame in any unscented good hair oil, preferably herbal. Once spluttering stops strain and preserve it in an air tight vial to be massaged onto scalp daily.
10. Marshmallow: Marshmallow tea can fetch wondrous results when it comes to making your hair grow long. Washing hair with the brew every alternate day will help you notice the miracle.
So these are the best herbs for long hair growth which you can consider using. 🙂 Do try and let me know!
Image source: 1