We all want our skin to look healthy and glowing but are often lazy to follow a regular skin care routine for our skin. Caring for our skin in routine based manner each day is highly essential if you really want your skin to look best. When you are out, innumerable skin foes like dust, dirt, automobile exhaust, airborne micro organisms start ravaging your skin.
Even the UV rays of the sun can cause excessive skin tanning and untimely wrinkling. To counter the damaging effects of all these ‘skin foes; regular skin care is an essential requisite. However your skincare should be based on the type of skin you have; i.e. whether oily or dry or a mixed skin and you should choose your daily skincare products accordingly. Thus the daily skincare routine one adopts usually varies from person to person.
Here I will share with you the major skincare rites I follow every day. I have a busy professional life and so I follow the skincare methods that are easy, fast and yet effective. I have divided my skincare routine into morning skincare, evening skincare and bedtime skincare. And I am more into using natural homemade products for skincare rather than the synthetic chemical products available in market. In most cases I follow a combination skincare treatment.
My Morning Skincare:
1. The first thing I do after stepping out of my bed in the morning is to give my face a splash with lukewarm water. That helps in opening the skin pores. Then I slather a mild facial cleanser all over my face and I always use a gel cleanser because I have an oily skin and I make sure to opt for a cleanser that comes with micro beads. Such cleansers are known for their exfoliating power.
2. I gently massage the cleanser in a circular pattern all around my face and then use cold water to rinse off face thoroughly. Cold water will close skin pores once the cleansing task is accomplished. This cleansing of face in the morning helps me to get rid of all dirt, debris, oil and dead skin cells of my face. At times I even use oatmeal scrub for exfoliating or sloughing off dead cells. I usually use the Oatmeal scrub twice or thrice a week.
3. After rinsing, I gently pat my face dry and apply a skin toner. This toner restores the skin’s PH Balance.
4. Next I apply an aqua-base, non oily moisturizer on my skin, massaging it thoroughly so that it gets fully absorbed into my skin leaving it non greasy. The massaging also improves the blood circulation in the facial region. Hydrating skin is of prime importance and so I never miss my moisturizer. It gives my skin a soft, bouncy feeling.
5. That completes my morning skincare. Often I work for late hours at night and that leaves ghostly dark circles underneath my eyes. To get rid of dark circles under eyes I use a quick remedy; i.e. keeping frozen green tea bags on that area for some 5-10 minutes.
6. After patting my face completely dry, I start wearing my makeup for the day out.
My Evening Skincare:
1. My evening skincare has all to do with the removal of the day’s makeup. I can never think of going to bed wearing the day’s makeup and turning all the attempts I made towards getting a healthy skin, futile. First I use wet deep pore cleansing wipes to remove the makeup and repeat all the skincare procedures I followed in the morning. That is enough to unclog my skin pores and clean my skin thoroughly of the day’s grime, oil, dead cells and other impurities.
2. I don’t follow the toning and moisturizing part either.
3. If I can ever spot any pimple on my skin I dab it with a cotton ball soaked in Tea tree oil. This one remedy effectively heals my pimples by destroying the pimple causing bacteria. Tea tree oil is one of the best essential oils for skincare.
My Bedtime Skincare:
1. I use a night cream before retiring to bed. Skin usually has intensive moisturizing needs at night because during the nighttime the skin renewal process is hyper active.
2. Skin requires special care for repairing itself after all the ravages it has suffered in the course of the day. And the intensive moisturizing formula of a night cream can give the skin all the nourishment it requires. However I always go for a night cream with natural ingredients like Aloe Vera gel, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Almond Oil, Glycerin, Bee Wax etc.
So these are the skincare tips I follow every day. People complement me on my beautiful skin and so girls, I felt like sharing these tips with you all. :) Do let me know yours!