Onion, also called as Allium cepa is a well known bulb shaped vegetable all over the world. It has been used in almost every spicy recipe in India; be it biryani, gravy or variety rice dishes. :) Have you ever wondered about its skincare and beauty benefits? Today we are going to check some amazing beauty benefits of onion you might have never heard.
Beauty Benefits of Onion
1. Combine equal amounts of fenugreek and onion pods. Paste them until smooth. Add rose water if essential. Apply this to your scalp and wait for 30 minutes before rinsing your hair. Doing this once or twice every week will stimulate hair growth like magic!
2. Daily intake of fresh onions make skin smooth and healthy. Anti oxidants present in onions improves skin texture and prevent skin diseases.
3. Onions, not only help skin but also purifies the blood and promotes health. Purified blood results in extra glowing skin.
4. Flavanoids are present very much in onions. They help with the absorption of Vitamin C in your body. Do I have to say how important Vitamin C is for skin? You could add some tangy tomatoes to your onion salad for a good flavor! :)
5. Can you believe this? Onion has skin lightening properties too! It stimulates skin, bleaches it naturally and removes the dead skin layer. But don’t apply raw onion juice to your skin as it might be harsh on your delicate skin. Add a teaspoon of fresh onion juice to one teaspoon of gram flour and 1/2 teaspoon of milk cream. Combine this mixture and use it as your skin lightening face pack every day for 4 weeks. Results are for sure!
6. Onion juice stimulates blood circulation and fastens the process of fading of acne spots. For this, combine two teaspoons of onion juice with 4 teaspoons of almond or olive oil. Massage your face and neck with this onion oil serum every evening to notice results fast.
7. Mix dried lemon peels with raw onion juice. Add a scoop of yogurt to this mixture. Your instant dandruff curing hair pack is ready to use! Its one of the easiest and quickest beauty benefits of onion.
8. Mix vitamin E oil with onion juice and apply over your dark lips before going to bed at night. Doing it for a month continuously will remove the dark layer on your lips and make them pink and kissable :-*
9. Equal parts of onion juice and rose water can make an easy hair growth stimulant spray. Store it in your refrigerator and use it when you have no time for a hair mask. Spray it, wait for 30 minutes and rinse. Tada!
10. Rub onion over to lighten dark knees and elbows them gradually. You can do this everyday to remove dark patches anywhere in your body. Make sure you are not allergic to onion juice.
Hope you find all the above listed beauty benefits of onion useful! :) Don’t overcook onion or else it would lose essential vitamins for your skin. Use onions on your diet and DIY beauty recipes and get glowing skin naturally! All the best!