Simple designs in nail arts attract me the most as opposed to drawing out intricate patterns. This nail tutorial is also a simple one which doesn’t require any expertise at all. It is a criss cross nail art that lets you play with many combinations of colors as per your liking.
For this I have chosen a metallic golden shade, blue and pink; trust me it is pink but it looks like maroon after layering it upon the golden shade 😀 Let’s get started with the tutorial.
- Blue nail color
- Pink nail color
- Golden metallic color
- Nail polish remover
- Q-tips and cotton swabs
- Start off with clean nails as usual. This nail art involves lots of layering so you don’t want any old nail color sticking at the bottom of it all.
- Paint all your nails with the metallic shade you have. This forms the base of the pattern.
- Make a broad slanting line with the pink nail polish. Start at the base carefully. The end of the line need not be perfect though. Wait for a few seconds.
- Now with the blue nail color, make an opposite slanting line overlapping the first one. Don’t worry about the nail paint smearing on the sides. We can correct it later.
- Follow it up with the golden color line. Make sure you let each line to dry up for a few seconds before topping it off with the next color.
- It is pretty much the same process over and over. Imagine you are making a three strand braid with three different colored ribbons. So repeat the above steps in the same order- pink, blue, gold and repeat till your entire nail is covered.
- Now it is time to perfect the edges. Use a Q- tip soaked in nail polish remover to erase the nail paint sticking out on the sides of your nail.
- After the nail paints have completely dried up, top it off with a clear top nail coat to seal all the colors and to make them last longer.
- Use only the required amount of product each time you make a line.
Don’t put a huge blob of nail polish and make it look very chunky. Also don’t use more than 3 colors because the pattern will not show up then. Be creative and use other interesting combinations too. Now it is time to rock your new nail art 🙂